Do You Think Jehovah's Witnesses Are Typically Ignorant People?

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

Just to clarify , I was a convert at 19 years of age naive ,gullible and ignorant ,otherwise I would not have become a JW and stayed for the next 33 years before the penny finally dropped.

• minimus
    minimus

Superb responses!

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi All,

Just to add to my previous 2 cents...They are more arrogant than ignorant....and a person that is arrogant because they are ignorant...that's a dangerous combination....they know they are wrong and have been shown they are wrong, but to stubborn to admit it....that's JW's in a nutshell, the ones that drink the kool-aide.

Tor

• James Brown
    James Brown

Ignorant is described as a lack of knowledge also being unaware.

People who deliberately ignore or disregard important facts.

The organization encourages disregarding important facts.

So I will conclude that JW's are deliberately and willfully ignorant.

Some of them are happy in their ignorant bliss like pigs in their slop being bred for the slaughter.

The slaughter of total disappointment.

Having been born in 65 years ago and observing family and friends dying,

Many of them just die and never know they were used and abused.

So I guess in some respects and for some being a JW is nirvana on Earth.

But it wasn't for me. I had to much curiosity and couldn't stomach the hypocrisy and living the lie.

Henry Ford said "thinking is the hardest work there is which is why so few engage in it."

Not being ignorant requires thinking and JW's are happy not to.

They will think and memorize how to overcome objections but they will not think about how to escape their prison. Probably because most of them do not think they are in prison. They are happy.

When they become unhappy enough about being a JW they will begin to think of ways to escape.

That moment for me came in 1983. I was a JW from 1952 to 1983, 31 years.

Then the JW prison became too uncomfortable for me and I had to start thinking of ways to escape.

I had to stop being ignorant. I had to search for and embrace what I did not know.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    minimus - "Do you think Jehovah's Witnesses are typically ignorant people?"

Oh, gosh, no.

Their ignorance is decidedly atypical.

:smirk:

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Ignorant? Stupid? Yes.

Anyone who is so convinced of "the Truth", yet has not ever looked outside of their bubble of "truth" is wilfully choosing to remain ignorant.

AND, JW's have an arrogance as well. They are so PROUD of being the ONLY one's with "the truth".

In contrast, a genuinely smart person recognises that WE DO NOT KNOW EVERYTHING, and that we can learn much from doing extensive research.

• Lootie
    Lootie

Yes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit