Do You Think Jehovah's Witnesses Are Typically Ignorant People?

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Nevuela
    Nevuela
    Willfully ignorant, yes. If they were allowed a political affiliation, they'd likely all be Republicans.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

This is a great thread minimus with excellent responses .I`ll probably let the side down now.

Does anybody think their is a difference between born ins and those that converted ? I do ,and what I mean by that is born ins are conditioned from a very early age to rely completely on the G.B./organization .

Whereas someone who is converted in their late teens as I was or others who are adults while being convinced it is the "truth" may sub-consciously hedge their bets for want of a better expression .

Dont get me wrong nobody believed the religion more than i did ,I`m ashamed to say I think I would have let my children,myself my wife die rather than take a blood transfusion ,thats how much I was a believer.

However while we were living in this system of things I was going to provide for my family as best as I could and I was fortunate to land good jobs and the last one i had lasted 28 years with a good payout at the end and I could buy my own home.

Comments by JW`s /Awake that I remember "watching the World" words to the affect it keeps you up to date with news that is important .{no need to read newspapers} "Awake & Watchtower is equivalent to a university education " {LOL}

View the Australian Royal Comission into child Sexual Abuse and the Elders testimony .when asked, one of them said he never read up on the case prior to him giving testimony , and another one gave the look of a deer in the headlights when he was questioned { you could just imagine he was waiting for the Holy spirit to put words in his mouth ,but they never came

Getting back to the OP Q?

Born ins : yes , because of the JW culture of indoctrination.

Converts : yes , however possibly not to the same degree as born ins due to their exposure and influence in the world before becoming a JW

• Annon
    Annon
    I honestly feel that if you go to a meeting and listen to all the contradictory beliefs, the crazy illustrations that fall apart when looked at closer, new light, new songs, listen to people saying that God is going to stop all violence by killing almost everyone on the earth, hearing the one generation is actually two that overlap teaching, you come away a little bit dumber. I felt that way. I often wonder if that is the plan.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Oooooh. Tarring and brushes. Cannot be done.

Jobos are a mixture of people. All that are not mentally out are under the spell of mind control. I don't think all Jobos are wilfully ignorant either.

I move that the Governing Body and their suck ups get removed....see what happens then.

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

Yes. I used to be pretty ignorant...

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Someone..or some people..at the head of the watchtower cult are certainly not ignorant.

What a business plan.....target the ignorant..fill them with false hope and empty promises...who then donate their cash and free labour....who then go on to recruit more ignorants....who then donate their money and labour....ad infinitum. How many millions has the cult now got ?

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Ignorant? Yes, for the most part, because of a lack of education. The worst bit is when they mix ignorance with arrogance. It becomes a spiritual armour for them.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Yes JWs are ignorant of the fact that their religion is not biblical; that there is no such thing as two class Christianity: that the book of Revelation is not about the Watchtower Society etc.

• just fine
    just fine

Ignorant that the disfellowshipping arranagment is not loving, is not bible based, and is in fact judging another person as unworthy of Gods love. Who thinks they have that kind of power?!?!? Being Gods chosen one's sure is hard /s.

• Confusedalot
    Confusedalot

Ignorant: lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.

Then yes, how educated can a puppet be?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit