Out on Facebook

by disillusioned 2 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2

I am just venting because my sister has put on facebook that I am no longer "In The Truth"! I have kept a very low profile for years and have silently faded. Many witnesses I have bumped into are very friendly towards me, some from other congregations may not even be aware that I dont go anymore. Now my sister has done this and I am mad at her. I want to pull her up and refute, especially that I dont believe it to be 'the truth' anymore and give her all the reasons why I believe this but I can't because it will just make things worse.

I just made the comment for her to stop talking about me on facebook and she hasn't yet replied to this.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

It really perplexes me why your closest living relative would want to trash talk you (even if you no longer attend). It boggles my mind.

I have a similar situation in my family.

It's one thing to have an acquaintance do this to you but a close relative is a deep wound. It just should not happen.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger
    Post that you were JUST considering coming to a meeting very soon but you felt a bit embarrassed and apprehensive. You had just built up the courage to do it but this has destroyed you forever and you'll never be able to now.
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

Right on Facebook, I'd ask her for "Two Witnesses" to your supposed lack of faith, then also speak up against her slanderous remarks, which could be cause for "stumbling you out of the Truth."

OMG, I would sooooooo turn this behaviour back on her. I throw out about how she is showing a lack of "Christian love", and not showing a true "fruitage of the spirit."

In short, I would make her look like the total ASS that she so obviously IS.

What a C*nt!

• Peony
    Peony
    I would message again and ask her to delete her comment as its not her place to tell people about your personal life. The same thing happened to me, my sister announced on FB that I'd Disasociated (someone else showed me as of course she'd unfriended me the day it was announced) I would love to have challenged her but couldn't as I didn't want to make life difficult for the mutual friend who told me. It feels like a real betrayal and almost like it's being done so that they can get all the sympathy.....very sad. I hope you resolve this xx
  • pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

Wow what a horrible thing to do.

I love this idea though.

Pubsinger
    Pubsinger2 hours ago
    Post that you were JUST considering coming to a meeting very soon but you felt a bit embarrassed and apprehensive. You had just built up the courage to do it but this has destroyed you forever and you'll never be able to now.
  • KateWild
    KateWild

Sorry to hear this. You have been there for me. So I am there for you.

Take care and make sure you stay close to the kids xx

Kate xx

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane
    It's a form of mental castigation, taught to them by there ruthless leaders. You either return or we will make you look mentally diseased.
  • ssn587
    ssn587
    If my daughter outed me I could care less, I don't care what any dub would think.
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

You could make a comment on her post that would make her look like the traitor she is, in the eyes of her facebook friends and would leave your JW status sort of ambiguous, such as:

Mary....you're my sister, I can't imagine what possessed you to make a post like this or what good you were hoping to accomplish in doing so. Please call me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit