JWTV May Broadcast is up. hosted by an old burnt hot dog

by Dreamerdude 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    My experience with family member that is career need greater is its more of a lifestyle than a mission. Doing all the pioneering crap just keeps them in the lifestyle.
  • Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

Fulani, I think it could be fun for couples without kids to live near the beaches of the Dominican Republic. They could avoid a couple of European or North American winters and go back home to brag about it in the summers and collect a few gifts to help them spend more time near the beach.

it could also be a nice gig for single sisters, like to ones advertised in the WT July study issue. They went to live in Ghana, the Gold Coast. The gold these gals got were some mighty fine local catches. Stephanie from the US snagged Aaron, and Christina from Gemrnay charmed Gideon.

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude
    Freemindfade, good point. Some could pioneer as a cover to live in a great surfing spot. Or live near the Andes or Himalayas if they like mountain climbing. Or study the wildlife in the jungles, while taking to the locals. Maybe go to learn Thai cooking.
  • compound complex
    compound complex

Not exactly the same scenario, but I was a Bethelite "missionary, circa 1970. In the foreign field, we bros spent all weekend and a few week nights building up "nuclei" into congregations. Often, we traveled to upstate New York doing the same. Giving hour talks on Sunday and conducting meetings. Before getting regular, rented Halls, we would set up for meetings in community centers, transporting sound equipment in  a baby buggy from a brother's apartment to the center. Great fun on a week night, traveling by subway to and from!

It was exciting and fulfilling because the Caribbean folk were so warm and hospitable. Most importantly, they were amenable to our message. It was not unusual both to preach to and to teach a room full of people in a private home. We also assisted them in personal matters. Many were family men who worked secularly in Brooklyn, NYC, etc. to provide for their impoverished families back in the islands.

Downside: Some of us young guys burnt out physically and spiritually. I don't regret the experience, but young, dedicated JWs can become depleted spiritually and physically. It took me years to recover . . .

CC

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

Compound complex, the drive to always do more for WT that you describe sounds like a drug addiction. I have seen many burn out from it.

I am glad you were able to take something positive away from it, like getting to know the Carribean culture. I'm also glad you were using the baby buggy to haul sound equipment, rather than getting a child involved in that insanity.

its probably better than risking an OD on heroine.

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

Fulano, I think it might be fun for couples without kids to spend a couple weeks of Winters away from Europe and North America on the beaches of the Dominican Republic, then go back in the summers to brag about it and get some gifts to help them spend more time near the beach.

It also seems like a good gig for single American and German women who go to Ghana. They can make some mighty fine catches among young men there. In the July study WT they advertise how Christina from Germany was able to snag a local brother named Gideon and Stephanie from the US was able to get Aaron.

• Dreamerdude
  • Dreamerdude

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit