Former elders did you ever ?

by Fadeaway1962 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Hi did any former elders ever suggest that bro & sis should go to the police?

There was a group of sis with various health conditions and on medications had a gathering and drank a lot wine , one of the sister physically assaulted another sis , myself and a another elder were assigned to deal with it after hearing what happened I said to the sis she could contact the police the other elder a lot older gave me a dirty look , the sis said I trust you bro to deal with it .

I think that's why witnesses don't get the police involved because we have been convinced that we can trust the elders and the organisation , and to trust and have faith that god knows all the facts and can read hearts and will deal with it in his time scale and encouraged to leave it with him and not to bring reproach on his name.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I said to the sis she could contact the police the other elder a lot older gave me a dirty look

The reason for that is in your own statement.......

encouraged to leave it with him and not to bring reproach on his name.

and his chosen organization.

The JWs are strategically brainwashed to keep the organization's public image clean at all costs, even in incidences of child sexaul abuse, which has come out in the open just recently.

• minimus
    minimus

Police are good

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

I did on two occasions. One the 2and occasion, the father I told to tell the police went to an elder that was older than me to see if it was ok.......

I then got a call from our circuit overseer and he met with me and two other elders to discipline me. As an elder I should have known better. Lol

That same evening after the meeting was over he told me he had to follow protocol but if he was in my position he would have done the same thing... go figure

• tiki
    tiki

You must not bring reproach on Jehovah's organization. To go to secular authorities is not showing loyalty to Jehovah's loving arrangement.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

To guide them in theirWhat is it about Romans 13:1-7 that Jehovah`s Witnesses can`t comprehend ? I mean its spelt out plain as daylight.

OOOOHHHH That`s right there is a scripture that contradicts that one isn`t there .1 Corinthians 6 : 1-11 ,that is also spelt out as plain as daylight isn`t it.

Do Jehovah`s Witnesses today have a Moral Compass ? or even an Ethics Compass ?

In their everyday existence in the world they live in and even care for the children in their own congregations who can`t speak for themselves because they are intimidated sadly by there own parents and the Elders in the congregation who won`t speak up for them .

• stillin
    stillin

IMO, the police are too eager to make an arrest. That is their answer to every situation. They aren't friends or wise counselors. Their sense of self-worth derives from the arrests that they make.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Fortunately, all my time I never had a case that would merit Police involvement.

We were kept busy dealing with smokers , adulterers and fornicaters

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

My first full time job in law enforcement included duties to assist our detectives. The department I worked for had 1 detective whose full time job was to work cases involving juvenile victims. There was a case in our jurisdiction involving a Witness who sexually molested a child in the congregation. On of the Witnesses in the case was an elder who used to be in my congregation, but moved to the congregation where this crime occurred.

This elder was dodging subpoena service for the trial. The detective was frustrated as this elder was a key witness to the case. I told the detective I would handle it. I served the elder his subpoena personally. It was one of the things that opened my eyes and started me down the path of leaving the Watchtower behind.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Police are good

I would respectfully disagree. Police are necessary, but it has been decades since they could be called "good", at least in my recent dealings with them as a victim of burglaries, vandalism, and threatened violence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit