Im new to the site. 28 years old, over 10 in exile. This is my story

by Jayk 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Putting your thoughts down in written form is a great start on your path to recovery. Discovering that you are not alone in your experiences and emotions will provide assurance that there is indeed hope that you'll heal from the cult induced trauma that you've experienced. Welcome!

• Jayk
    Jayk

Lisa I refer to it as the truth but I don't think it is and I really have no intenation of going back..some people call it the WTS, I call it JW, the truth, witnesses what ever you where raised to calling it.. I haven't gone to a meeting in over 10 years not even a memorial.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Welcome Jayk!

Most on this forum are where you are now. Like Flipper said, the shunning is NOT easy. This is NOT the way our family or loved ones should treat us. It is disturbing. Keep reading, learning and thinking.

We are all here for you! Keep posting, it helps. It has been a form of therapy for me. Like you said..."no one else understands."

• jp1692
    jp1692

Welcome Jayk, there are many pathways to recovery and healing after leaving a cult. The journey is long, hard and often difficult. There are many obstacles along the way. There is no one way that works for everyone and no clear roadmap. It can be very lonely at times because essentially it is a solo endeavor to find one’s way in life.

What often helps is hearing about the journeys of others, and that is us here.

Learn from us-the mistakes we’ve made, the victories won and the lessons learned.

And as Paulo Freire says, “We make the road by walking.”

It sounds like you’re already well on your way.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Welcome Jayk from down under no not NZ , Aussie land .

Use the search option at the top right hand corner to find out anything you want .Its priceless .

Take care buddy.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Welcome Jayk!! Thanks for sharing some of your story...looking forward to hearing more. This site is a great source of support.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit