my 2 cents

by SloppyMcFloppy 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• SloppyMcFloppy
    SloppyMcFloppy
    All religion is flawed because its led by man. JW is not bad religon if it changed some of its doctrines and thoughts. If it didnt "shun" members and "Worldly people."did away with doomsday senarios. If it got back to basics of the bible. Got rid of the mentality to not question anything by the GB. I think it could see a explosion in memebership!
  • Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

You make some nice points but the trouble is is that the NWT bible is a mess which causes many to do a fresh study of the bible. The results of such a study lead many to view the bible in a completely different light and for some that might mean abandoning religion all together.

The WTS won't even change simple teachings that could protect people from predators. Doubt they will ever change. The Governing Body is haughty and very stubborn. Hopefully soon we will see this religion end itself. It's disgusting.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

And Hitler would have been a great leader if he had just been nicer to the Jews.

Seriously, it's a cult, changing a few things would not make it a good religion. It's not any one doctrine, it's the culture of the governing body claiming to be the only authority on everything, , it's them lying about their past, it's covering up child sexual abuse, it's failed date predictions and doctrine flip flops, it's discouraging higher education, it's them tearing families apart by Disfellowshiping, it's the depression and suicides that aren't talked about.

• brandnew
    brandnew

Please dont be mad.....but i just totally digg the sloppy floppy thing.......that shiii is just way too damn cool to not say somethin bout.....hee hee.

Ok......carry on....thank you...

N stuff.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Welcome, and please dont take offense, but its like saying a hot fudge sundae would be healthy if you took away the ice cream, the hot fudge and the sprinkles.
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    Jw daughter........yeeeeeaaaaauuuuughhhhh
  • Simon
    Simon

Great analogy JWDaughter.

Religion would be great if it was just a social club without any of the things that make it a religion.

Some "religions" are like that. I have no problem with them. But cults and intrusive groups that destroy families? There is only one fix for them.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Hi Sloppy, aren't you the poster who's thinking of converting to Catholicism?

If it (Watchtower) got back to basics of the bible

So briefly, what are the basics?

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN
    Man is flawed and thus thinks he needs Religion .....................perhaps ?
  • done4good
    done4good

What JWdaughter said.

d4g

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit