Two lies all Jehovah’s Witnesses are told

by Farmer Jim1 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Farmer Jim1
    Farmer Jim1

Lie 1). When you leave the JWs you will be unhappy and will have a hole inside you that only the ‘truth’ will fill. Only when you return to the JWs will you feel complete again.

Utter nonsense! The crazy new light/old light flipflopping and constant pressure of life as a JW burned a hole in me and since I left 3 years ago I’ve never been more happy and content. What a relief to leave it all behind. Despite my family being blackmailed to treat me as if I’m dead it’s still worth leaving!

Lie 2). Everyone out in the ‘world’ is nasty, self seeking, immoral and under the devils control.

Utter nonsense! Although most JWs are ‘nice’ and conditionally your friend, most non JWs are good/nice but don’t hold your religious beliefs against you. When I started to tell people that I had recently met about how JWs treat ex JWs I was offered all the support I needed and more. Strangers offered me meals, house furnishings, a place to stay if I needed it and a listening ear at any time of day or night. JWs have only ever offered me these things because I shared their religion.

Bonus lie 3). JWs are preaching everywhere. Their door to door work is relentless. Wherever you are, whoever you are, you will be preached to! The ‘good news of the kingdom’ will find you!

Utter nonsense! I have seen or heard of the JWs in my area for 3 years and neither have any of my friends that I’ve asked. Some of my friends children (18,19,20 year olds have never even heard of JWs).

Conclusion - the ‘truths’ the organisation doles out is usually 30% truth 30% lie 20% ambiguity 20% wave of emotion

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Don't think I can disagree with any of that -- except maybe the percentages. I'd say 100% bullshit.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its just bullshit propaganda to retain followers , not surprising being that many doctrines the WTS made or the things this organization says are false, pretentious and not bible based.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

My take on them

Something is wrong with their brain.....On the Right there is nothing Left and on the Left there is nothing Right !

(I f you get the pun)

Zing

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

The one biggest lie is that the JWs have the truth.

F&%$@#+ liars!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Jesus trusts the FDS so you should as well.

• Ding
    Ding

As I recently said to a JW, "Who told you Jesus chose them to be his faithful and discreet slave?... They did..."

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

How about this lie. If you leave Jehovah's Organization, your marriage will fall apart. Had several tell me that whopper. I got news for them, after hubby and I left, our marriage actually got better. This coming September will be our 26th.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Just two?

:smirk:

Seriously though...

...in retrospect, I was never really "happy" when I was a dutiful, active JW, so it could only improve from the WTexit onward.

• WillYouDFme
    WillYouDFme

Yea just 2? :)

BUT they fulfill their own prophecies often.

Lie 1). When you leave the JWs you will be unhappy..

I think that can happen often! Not cuz of leaving a fake god, but because:
    A) you just lost all your friends and may have a hard time getting new ones.
    B) you spent your life preaching and have no real career or something you care about.
    C) you may have lost all or most of your family because of shunning. (possibly Mate or Kids).
    D) you realized living forever and putting all the things that were important for your cuz of paradise, was just a crock of horse crap, and you have a long period of mourning and sadness over the life you "lost".

Tameria2001 - I know first hand of marriages falling apart after leaving the ORG, but because they were forced to marry young and someone they may not really have loved at all. Now that they can Divorce without giving a crap about what Elders think, they often do. But not the reasons they (WT) say for sure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit