Do Jehovah's Witnesses have love amongst themselves..

by Brummie 20 Replies latest jw friends

• avengers
    avengers

I would say they have a lot of love. Especially the elders.

They just love little children. Follow Jesus' advice.: "Let the children come to me and do not hinder them".
    Results:

Here's some good advice for the elders.

"Love your neighbor,,,,,,, but don't get caught."

• Francois
    Francois

If JWs have love among themselves then I'm the Virgin Mary.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

I was taught as a little dubby that agape was a 'principled love' meaning the heart was not involved only the head. that being so, you could stand on principle without emotion, and watch lovingly as all the people in your neighborhood who were not JWs got their eyes pecked out by birds after they died at armageddon and be happy about it all.

and Francois, I could believe you were mary before I could believe you were a virgin...

Ravyn

• acsot
    acsot

Euphemism, you're absolutely right:
    They have no official provision for helping the elderly or the needy. (Contrary to the direct example of the first-century congregation! See 1 Tim 5:9) While publishers are encouraged to provide such help on their own, the rule of 'counting time', in practice, discourages it. Just imagine how much help elderly and infirm witnesses would recieve if publishers were told that they could count the time they spent doing such good deeds!

See my thread re my personal experience:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/56654/1.ashx

I don't think they have love even amongst themselves. They have rules and procedures and maybe, if there's a natural catastrophe, they are able to follow these rules and get some form of aid in place. Then of course contributions are forthcoming for such aid and the WTS profits from that also. Besides the free publicity they give about their good deeds. And we know how much they help when there are no JWs in the affected areas .

• smurfette
    smurfette

Of course Jehovah's Witnesses have love amongst themselves. They're overflowing with it! They just define it differently than us.

Their version of love is conditional, judgmental, petty, backstabbing, social climbing, and animosity filled. How can you love someone who's hair touches their ears, who wears a sweater and slacks instead of a full suit, and who only goes out in service once a month or someone who is, gasp,disassociated or disfellowshipped.

Whereas we evildoers feel love rather than try to control it and believe it's unconditional. Shocking!

• Brummie
    Brummie

Orade, it is sad that they can take someone who by nature is very caring and yet stifle them to this degree. Anyone else would encourage such a person to excel in these qualities not surpress them.

Euphemism thanks for that, very interesting, it just about sums it up for me.

If JWs have love among themselves then I'm the Virgin Mary
    Francois, I could believe you were mary before I could believe you were a virgin...

HAHAHAH

How can you love someone who's hair touches their ears, who wears a sweater and slacks instead of a full suit, and who only goes out in service once a month

Well said, I rest my case

Thanks everyone.

Brummie

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Plenty of them are robotic and emotional misfits. Their attitude is, I love me, who do you love?

Guest 77

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I don't really have an answer to your question. But speaking for myself, one of my biggest problems in the JW religion, was I could not hate what they said was bad. I loved everyone, and would even smile and say Hi to disfellowshipped ones. How were they supposed to know that we loved them and wanted them back if we were rude and ignored them? Lisa

• SadElder
    SadElder

Times have changed among the dubs for the worse. Elders are supposed to be a hiding place frome the wind, yet most elders lack the social skills to encourage a flee much less a real live human. "The society" complains about social gatherings at the drop of a hat yet there is supposed to be a world wide brotherhood.

I was one of those elders that made time to be available for whatever nedd arose, yet found out that when I needed a boost no one had time for me. So I gave it the heave ho. Now I lurk around and that's about it. Fading, fading, fadin, fadi, fad, fa, f ......

• integ
    integ

They are a bunch of dummies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit