Bringing Reproach on Jehovah's Name

by cofty 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I`m not a fan of FB by any means ,so are you saying the ARC is not doing the rounds on FB at all ?

I find that hard to comprehend that so many people love that site ? and nothing ?

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I can see them spending more in legal fees, fighting the government etc than they would have had to pay out in compensation.

The Methodist Church said in 2015,

"On behalf of the Methodist Church in Britain I want to express an unreserved apology for the failure of its current and earlier processes fully to protect children, young people and adults from physical and sexual abuse inflicted by some ministers in Full Connexion and members of the Methodist Church. That abuse has been inflicted by some Methodists on children, young people and adults is and will remain a deep source of grief and shame to the Church.

"We have not always listened properly to those abused or cared for them, and this is deeply regrettable. In respect of these things we have, as a Christian Church, clearly failed to live in ways that glorify God and honour Christ.

"I am certain that the Methodist Conference will want to resolve to do all in its power to improve its systems to protect children, young people and adults from abuse within the life of the Church and on Church premises, and to review them diligently on a regular basis."

Now, that's more like it. An apology like that and then financial redress would start to heal the pain and restore the reputation of the religion.

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

Just wait for the next pedophile law suit against the WTS comes up in Australia and the news mentions the JWS wouldn't accept the National child abuse redress scheme.

Talk about darkening the image of the JWS religion.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

(Bookmarking)

• LV101
    LV101

I'm not on FB much or all that familiar with it unless someone sends me email alert but I do see ex-JW posts -- nothing about ARC or didn't pay attention. It's possible I scrolled right on by but FB has lots of subscribers. Someone should post the JW/ARC info on twitter and Parler.com - some prominent peeps on there. Maybe those are for political postings only. Parler.com is on a roll and very popular.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit