Finds in Jerusalem shore up biblical account of Babylonian conquest (586 BCE date)

by Hecce 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hecce
    Hecce
    This is a nice article about archaeological finds, what caught my attention is the use of 586 BCE as the date for the destruction of Jerusalem.

According to biblical descriptions, in 586 BCE, the Babylonian king Nebuchadnezzar vanquished the Judaean king Zedekiah and razed his capital city, Jerusalem. The Babylonian captain of the guard Nebuzaradan was dispatched into the city, where, as told in the Book of Jeremiah, he “burned the house of the Lord, and the king’s house; and all the houses of Jerusalem, even every great man’s house, burned he with fire.”

http://www.timesofisrael.com/new-jerusalem-finds-shore-up-biblical-account-of-babylonian-conquest/

• sir82
    sir82

Shouldn't really be a surprise, literally every unbiased legitimate historian recognizes 586 or 587 BC as the date.

It is as close to a fixed, absolute, certain date as is possible, 2500 years after the fact.

It is only the uniformed, or those with an agenda, who support any other date (including, but not limited to, 607 BC).

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    It is only the uniformed, or those with an agenda, who support any other date (including, but not limited to, 607 BC).

Whatever happened to that "Scholar" guy who used to show up on every 607 post? I always hoped he lived long enough to see the WT drop the significance of that date.

• Hecce
    Hecce

I was surprised because it was there, 586 plain and simple.

Seems to be as clear as water.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    attention is the use of 586 BCE as the date for the destruction of Jerusalem.

The use by whom?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    who used to show up on every 607 post? I always hoped he lived long enough to see the WT drop the significance of that date.

Am I missing something ? They haven't dropped the significance of 607 have they?

• Londo111
    Londo111

Astronomers have detected an exomoon 4000 lightyears away. This shores up the fact that the Earth is round.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

The use by whom?

Click on the link to learn more....

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Most interesting is the naked statue of a women, a goddess most likely AND a necklace of Sekhmet Egypt Ian goddess of War( whoo whoo Watchtower... pagans in David's Holy City, in the Temple buildings no less!!)

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    Am I missing something ? They haven't dropped the significance of 607 have they?

No, but I suspect they will at some point. That's what I meant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit