how do you perceive God ?

by stan livedeath 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

How does humanity imagine all the god’s that mankind has created or envisioned ?

• LV101
    LV101

irriddle80 and other JWs/Christians: How does one reconcile the historical evidence in this day and age of El, Baal, Yahweh, Asherah, etc., and still maintain a positive perception, faith, as a Christian or follower of God, Jesus?

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

As a fairytale.

• LV101
    LV101

Also meant to add why is it easier for some to walk away from the hope/fantasy of religion/faith/gods and cope than others? I think men are stronger and better at this than females? Others believe in a higher power of their making or something they can attach their brains to -- very difficult in my opinion.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Historically gods were created by humanity out the ignorance of the world in which we live, thereby making human ignorance an indefensible fact.

They were also envisioned out of the hopeful cure and resolve to the problems and difficulties to which humanity endured.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

in the UK--years ago--there was a series of TV adverts depicting a persons bank manager being kept in their wardrobe--and called upon to offer advice and help ( money) when asked. Any Brits on here remember them ?

anyway--this reminds me of the way many dubs ( mostly women ) talk about their god, jehovah, as if he lives in the wardrobe and is their own personal friend. its as if they think jehovah is near them--looking after them. batshit crazy obviously.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

I read the book Unseen Realm by Michael Heiser (he addressed this topic) and a lot of his videos/podcasts. I also listened to The Bible Podcast series that they did on God. It was eye opening, to say the least!!

Y'know, we were raised in a spiritually abusive, narcissistic cult that tried to hijack God's word.

Some of us bought into the lie that the Watchtower was God...so if the Watchtower is false, then God must not be real either.

God will judge the Watchtower for that. Don't go down with them. Believe in Jesus and be free!!

❤️

• LV101
    LV101

Iriddle - appreciate your comment. Did you ever give up your faith? Honestly, faith and hope re/God was the only thing that allowed my suffering attendance re/Watchtower but for very short time in reality altho I'd read the magazines for awhile -- addictive.

• waton
    waton

As a deist, going strictly by the evidence we have, I envision the creator as a much greater entity as pictured like "j----h"in the bible or wt writings.

The universe might have created itself, but only with help from eternal energy, good natural laws, and at a point in eternal time.

Since that event, things could have evolved on autopilot so to speak, but with non-biblical messages build -in, that might have already happened, and waiting to happen, as we reach those times.

The creator, a neutral unfathomable being, wants us in every way to research our place by ourselves.

good hunt.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    so--if we accept what JW's say--that there is only 1 god--jehovah, then ( by extention !) --see what i dd there----all those other religions that teach there is just one god..must also be worshipping jehovah.
    so why would he want to kill them all..for worshipping Him ?
    am i missing something ?

Not at all.

That’s what I think Stan. If there is one God - and most people seem to agree on that - then everyone is worshipping him, despite calling him a different name and having slightly different rituals.

The older I get the more I realise how arrogant Jehovahs witnesses are.

this reminds me of the way many dubs ( mostly women ) talk about their god, jehovah, as if he lives in the wardrobe and is their own personal friend.

😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣 spot on! :)) although if he did live in the wardrobe you’d think they’d have a better sense of style ;))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit