Another 12 yr old df in cong 13 people df in 3 yrs

by poopie 42 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

My 13 year old niece was put on probation for smoking a cig. 2 years later she was still on probation , they had forgotten all about her and her situation. Loving shepherds eh?

Of course she is now married and way out of the religion and bringing her 2 children up away from the cult.

I agree that baptizing children and then expecting them to make mature adult decisions and when they don`t to D.F. them ,along with the shunning , is nothing short of child abuse.

And they should be taken to task for it.

smiddy

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

I think we can all agree, if this is a true story, that the problem here is that a 12 yr old was even baptized in the first place.

Honestly, without details, I find this hard to believe, but if it is, this is a horrible example of the abuse that the WTBS is capable of. Yet, still, due to lack of members, they push younger ones to get baptized younger and younger.

Its really criminal, at the end of the day. Expecting a CHILD to understand the meaning of a DEDICATION of ones life, is ridiculous. It would almost be comical, if it didn't hurt peoples lives.

Hypocrites, all of them at the top of this CULT.

• steve2
    steve2

Poopie's true to form: Dropped a big poop and popped away while we add our own poopettes to the OP.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Whether Poopie`s OP is valid or not , the responses it has generated shows their is a real problem with young people , some pre teens being baptized and the consequences that follow when they fall foul of the obligations that are expected of them at such a young age.Disfellowshipping and shunning .

Let`s focus on those issues as they are real .

smiddy

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Ha ha ha billy !!!!!😂😂
  • rocketman
    rocketman
    Maybe his school lunch kettle had a demonic picture on it.
  • rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Never a JW but in 5 years the "Elder" only told me that the JW did not believe in the cross. No further discussion. At about the 5 year mark he gave me the booklet on Families to read. As I told him afterwards I agreed with most of it. He never told me the rules haha we do not question our beliefs. Never told me that one but I did start out gently with What is this pronoun thing why are you teaching your sons and not your daughters to lead? Response was women have there roles in the congregation. Me: What are they? Funny how that never got an answer. Next set of questions went unanswered for months, actually he kept losing the email and every time I reminded him he had not answered he asked if I would resend the email. Basically my children were taught to make decisions for themselves by the time they reached high school and were fully involved in after school activities. I had no part in making any of these decisions, the only thing I participated in was how far away they could apply to for college. So when I read that part about the son could not join the football team the booklet went a flying OH and by far that was not the only time. So, I was asking at what point do you allow your children to grow up and make decisions or are mom and dad always going to make the decision for them?

Last February there was a video shown for the young ones about paying attention during the meetings and not falling asleep - totally EMOTIONAL ABUSE!!! There have been other videos that have been abusive as well.

From what I have read on this forum, the ARC, the literature and videos produced by WT there is enough evidence to say that this organization is full of emotional, physical and sexual abuse of children.

• Sabin
    Sabin

What I want to know is where are the parents of these young ones? What sort of a parent allows their kid to get baptized that young anyway? A cult that gives already abusive parents permission to abuse some more.

The Bastards.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Sabin,

My question is what parent would allow any child to come before a panel of three men (firing squad) for reprimand, how loving and caring is that?

I work with youth and we do it one on one maybe two and one and there is always a woman involved to give the motherly love. If it is a serious infraction we will have a parent come with the youth.

And we do not punish bad behavior we work to correct the bad behavior in a loving and caring manner.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Details or it didn't happen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit