When was it time for you to walk away from your congregation meetings and the WTBTS?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cha ching
    cha ching

My 'mom' (haha, not so much a 'mom' now that I've left) studied and started meetings when I was five.... 1960.... I went to meetings w/my soon to be 3 sisters and a brother.

2010 the generation teaching changed... I called Bethel, spoke w/a 'bro' about "why"... "explain it to me".... He said "Our brothers work so hard, wait for the article".

2011 The two articles about 607 came out, I realized that ALL of it was a numbers game and a bunch of BS, could not stand to "sit with men of lies", could not stand going to a meeting after that! (My husband had woken up also)

Helped my son, his wife, my sister and other son escape this deceit!

So glad, so thankful!

PS, thank you ZingMND, I believe your posts are very valuable, and true for helping others awaken. Developing a strong, loving relationship, with great memories outside the org is valuable also (go hiking, dancing, biking, whatevering together). Thx again!

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I was only 11 when the 95 generation change came in, as such, I dont remember it.

For me, it was turning the page in our study books and seeing this...

That was the beginning of the end for pale.emperor. I tried to explain it away by convincing myself that surely this is a temporary "idea" and new light will come in soon to correct it, right?....... right?

• Zilgee
    Zilgee

@ Zing

What does your user name mean? It's so lengthy.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Thank you for your kind words Chaching.

It is really amazing that you have helped your family to awake. I am not much of a writer and english is not my first language either but thank you for encouraging me. For me to get out without my partner was unthinkable. To be honest with you since we got married we have been together 24/7 literally. We have from day 1 built our relationship as strong as we can make it. Each day we remind ourselves of how precious we are for each other. We truly are great together. WE as one is the only good thing that came out of the cult and we give each others personality the credit for it. We forever hold each other as valuable n priceless in the whole universe. So yes we work hard in keeping, maintaining ,strengthening our love/relationship from strength to strength.

When "In" we did all things together, we never have gone out , been doing something on our own. If one doesnt want to go somewhere(partying,socializing, shopping anything) the other cancels too and we stay with each other. We cant be without each other at all.

Thank you for reading my posts.

Good day to you.

Zing

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

@zilgee

it means "life will not be found again".

I just picked it off the internet.

Zing

• Zilgee
    Zilgee

@Zing

Nice to hear about you both enjoying married life.

Googled the name means an Indian movie.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    When was it time for you to walk away from your congregation meetings and the WTBTS?

I dealt with terrible unexplainable anxiety for several years preceding my final exit from the JWs. I tried just about every medication out there but nothing worked.

Toward the last I could only attend the Sunday meeting because the anxiety that I would get while at assemblies or meetings was so difficult to contend with. I'm not much of a drinker but even so I resorted to bringing a small amount of wine or beer from home in a container and ducking out to my car for a nip during the intermission between the public talk and the Watchtower study.Just a mouthful or two would quell the flip flops in my stomach and the waves of panic that being at the Kingdom Hall produced.

A couple of weeks after finally deciding to leave for good, the anxiety that had plagued me for years, disappeared for good and hasn't returned. That was how I knew I was on the right track.

• Spiral
    Spiral

Oh, so many things. And just being tired of going through the motions. For instance, giving talks as a sister. What is the point? The last talk I gave the brother counseled me not to rearrange the order of the scriptures, etc. At that point I realized the whole thing was just a waste of time, and I never gave a talk again. Moving congregations facilitated that, as no one really tried to compel me to join the school in the new congregation.

But the absolute last straw was when one elder we barely knew (in the new congregation) tried to get us to cut off ties to our son (19 years old) because he wasn't baptised or interested in "the truth".

I never went to a meeting after that. If this elder, who hardly knows us, thinks he can make me break off with my son, no way! Disgusting.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Love you, Spiral! No way to stop association with a loved son or daughter. Happy families, ha!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SPIRAL:

What you said about the idiot brother telling you not to rearrange the order of the scriptures (?) brought back memories. I hated the theocratic misery school and I asked to be deleted from it..I hated getting together with sisters I didn’t like..The useless or unnecessary ‘counsel’ 🙄 on the talk was only secondary.

I think the theocraptic school was dreamed up by brothers who felt all warm and fuzzy watching the sisters getting together like it was some kind of quilting bee..A lot of these brothers back when were not in touch with reality and didn’t care if it was an imposition..They thought association was going to be forced on you!..Well, I put an end to that.

Also, I am glad you paid no mind to that elder who wanted you to cut off contact with your nineteen year old son. Don’t anybody try to say that Jehovah’s Witness don’t break up families because they do. I know of two instances of young people years back forced to leave their homes because they were told by Witness parents:..‘it’s our way or the highway’.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit