Two Gods seen in the Bible

by Ireneus 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ireneus
    Ireneus

OrphanCrow,

When nations start using weapons like Poseidon, your medical science can do nothing.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow,
    When nations start using weapons like Poseidon, your medical science can do nothing

"Your" medical science?

Uh...now you are just being silly.

I don't "own" medical science. It isn't "mine".

What you are doing is setting up a dichotomy (us versus them...or, "me' versus "you") to fit into your black and white world view

If "I" have medical science, then what is it that you have other than mythic thinking patterns?

• Ireneus
    Ireneus

Come on orphancrow, you brought the subject of medical science, hence I was trying to be formal, saying your medical science.

Hence I change the wordings for you. Medical science can do nothing when nations go into a spree of using all their weapons.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I have found that several of the stories in the Bible were rip offs and rewritings from older stories not related to any Jew or Israelite. With that being said then some of the character of the god or gods spoken about in the original will or did most likely sneak into the revised writings.

• Ireneus
    Ireneus

Yes I agree with you, Crazyguy

We have only myths. If we don’t like one myth, then we end up replacing it with another myth. If religious stories are myth, then materialism is also a myth. If one says thread turned itself and made his cloth, another would say it is a myth. In the same vein, we can say chemicals turned themselves into DNA and finally into this greater cloth called body, that’s also a myth.

“We have come from God, and inevitably the myths woven by us, though they contain error, will also reflect a splintered fragment of the true light, the eternal truth that is with God. Indeed only by myth-making, only by becoming 'sub-creator' and inventing stories, can Man aspire to the state of perfection that he knew before the Fall. Our myths may be misguided, but they steer however shakily towards the true harbour, while materialistic 'progress' leads only to a yawning abyss and the Iron Crown of the power of evil.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien

Of all the myths I find the scanty details about the first God found in the Bible makes more sense than second one elaborately depicted in the Bible.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Of all the myths I find the scanty details about the first God found in the Bible makes more sense than second one elaborately depicted in the Bible.

That is because you like the first one better. You are having an emotional reaction, not a rational reaction

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I love Tolkien, but you can’t lead with “We have come from God..” Everything after that statement is suspect.

You just tried to use a biased viewpoint to support your previous statements, like quoting Tolkien makes it true.

Wow...

What If Tolkien believed in Jack Frost? Would you? 🤔

DD

• Ireneus
    Ireneus
    DATA-DOG,

There was one study I read somewhere regarding the history of scientists of last 500 years. If you take the earliest among them, you will find 50 out of 52 were believers in God. I can quote any one of them, or from the prominent ones of this lists:

http://www.adherents.com/people/100_scientists.html http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/sciencefaith.html

The reason why I quoted J.R.R. Tolkien is that what he said perfectly matched with the point I was trying to highlight.

Everyone knows that no Science is possible without applying mental power. But, what is the source of this mental power? Nikola Telsa ( best known for his contributions to the design of the modern alternating current electricity supply system) had this to say: “The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power.….The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The Jesus god was created by man because the previous god(s) weren't doing much for mankind as in direction in social behavior or concern about are living experience, such as violence as in wars, sickness and death .

The Jesus god was the most humanistic god man had ever created for the benefit of humanity.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I would accept a Universal and shared consciousness before I accept a God as described in the scrolls that humans chose as the Bible.

Tesla was an amazing Scientist. I’m still surprised at how few people are aware of his contributions. Even so, Tesla’s belief in God doesn’t make it true. That belief simply acted like an anchor for Tesla’s psyche.

Tesla could have been born in a non-believing household and still been brilliant, making the same discoveries.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit