GB / Wives ,wont voluntarily give up their lifestyle

by smiddy3 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Overrated
    Overrated

I find most Elders, Circus Overseers wifes can be real Bitches. Does not surprise me with GB Wives.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

I bet my JW wife that these GBs fly in business class. She vehemently denies it.

Does anyone have evidence for this or any affirmation from any Ex-Bethelite Please ?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Of course they do. The story about Nathan Knorr was he’d fly business class and get two tickets so he could put his briefcase on the seat next to him. He didn’t like talking to other passengers because they’d ask him what he did for a living. When that happened he’d have to tell them he was the CEO of a large publishing company, which was true. Hearsay—but no doubt true.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Thanks slimboyfat . A chunk of my hard earned money goes to these goons as a direct Debit payment now.

WT has advised all its members to do a monthy auto pay for it, since the pandemic

• WokenfromJWcult
    WokenfromJWcult

I Once worked on Henchell,s utility service in a luxury apartment in Hawaii years ago, and saw first hand how well they were taken care of. It was not an apartment that the average joe could afford.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Lloyd Evans did a video a few years ago regarding a GB member who flew Business Class. As I recall someone at the airline recognized the GB person. You would have to do a search to find it. I will do it but it will have to wait, since I'm on my way to work. You may well beat me to it.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

When I was in Bethel, certain Bethel Elders, clad in 3 piece suits were driven along with their wives to meetings in black town cars. They used to pull out of the Bethel garage as the rest of us trudged by in the snow as we made our way to the subway or bus station and back again late at night. Supposedly the town cars were donated by some witness with a car dealership.

The rest of the JWs were admonished in the literature and from the platform to not distract from the message by making a showy display of our means of life.

I remember seeing my housekeeper and her elder husband in the back of one of these cars. They were a black couple and I don't know about him but I know she was from very humble beginnings in the south and I think she may have felt ashamed or at least very uncomfortable about this because she sort of slunk down in her seat when she saw the group of us stoped on the sidewalk so that the luxury car they were in, pulled out of the garage.

• zachias
    zachias

slightly off tack here. I attempted to converse with an overseers wife at a convention once and there was nothing there, I mean she had no ability to make the simplest conversation. She appeared to be in some state-shock- i dont know. Perhaps newly married to her catch of an overseer and was reeling as to what it meant.

Thinking back i felt sorry for her.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Over the years I've met loads of different circus over-sneers and their wives. Some were lovely people, some were not, with all variations in between.

Funny to think that my ex was an elder's wife when I was an elder.....gawd, those weren't the days

At the end of the day, (even at the beginning and middle), we're dealing with individual humans.

to me, at least, it's a given that humans are ultimately selfish, whether we know it or not, what's the bloody point in bothering? We'll all be dead soon anyway. Y'know, just to keep it positive.

• IWant2Leave
    IWant2Leave

Some of the traveling overseer's wives were on depression/anxiety medication. Sometimes c/o wife would disappear for a week or two. I found out a few years ago that there is a doctor/psychiatrist in Florida that treats c/o wives. Can you imagine hearing the same talk/jokes every week until he makes the first round of congregations, and then it starts all over, and this goes on for three years, and then the c/o moves to another circuit and the cycle begins again? As I think back, only one of the c/o wives that I met was really an outgoing gregarious person.

Most looked unhappy, probably wanted a family, and possibly P.I.M.O. That's enough to make anyone into a sour puss.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit