GB / Wives ,wont voluntarily give up their lifestyle

by smiddy3 22 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Just an observation viewing some of their on camera appearances , and their arrogance believing they are the only one`s used by God to reach and teach the people ,despite what GJ said at the ARC on the subject.

No doubt the GB men wear designer tailor made suits from the best tailors in NYS ? and their wives adequately provided for in a similar way ? Nothing from KMart or Target ,Walmart or whatever.

Shoes are probably made from form fit cobblers to fit the individual ? and again the wives would be similarly looked after .

I don`t know if they wear gold chains around their necks but it wouldn`t surprise me.

I`d like to be a fly on the wall and see what jewelry their wives wear at social functions.

Designer watches ? for sure ,expensive one`s too ,his and hers ?

Rings, pinkies and otherwise for him and her ,came out of the finest jewelers ,you bet your life .

First class accommodation they live in , laundry, all looked after by staff as is all of their meals being provided for them .

Medical and dental expenses all taken care of for GB men and their wives Aged care facilities if needed.No doubt funeral expenses also.

Travel expenses all paid for anywhere in the world where they can visit and give talks with their wives tagging along as well of course .

They are only human and need relaxation time ,time to chill out and enjoy some wholesome entertainment on a weekly basis ,like taking in a Broadway show or two ,VIP seats of course ,only the best for Jehovah`s true servants on earth, EH ?

OH ,and don`t forget the top shelf Whiskey that the men enjoy and I bet their wives have just as expensive taste in the finest champagnes and wines on offer.

All of the above, is just IMHO

If the Apostle Paul can write down his own opinions, and it ends up as GODS word in the Bible ,who knows where my opinions will end up ?

smiddy,1,2,3.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Some of the suits the GB wear on the broadcasts are pretty naff to say to least. i suspect they have a wardrobe of such clothes for broadcast events so as not to "stumble" the flock!

AM III said in the video where he was caught buying his whisky (whiskey - US) that his wife likes Jamison's.

Smiddy, your opinions are as valid as anyone's and probably will not change as much as those of the GB.

George

• waton
    waton

at least one of the wives would not have baubles hide beauty.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Let’s not speculate about things we cannot know. There is enough real criticism we can make without making stuff up

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

If the GB can find themselves in scripture (F&DS) , then why not their wives in scripture too?

GB wives will not want to move from their lakeside mountain paradise when the money dries up.

..., she will not be moved; - Ps. 45 5

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

I can not keep up with the documentaries on the cult and they are all Negative. Never before has there been such attention on this cult. Its taking a toll big time. If it were not then half the latest assembly would not be on don't watch anything negative on us. I want them to slow bleed out. It will be a cathartic to watch them die slow.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I remember hearing nobody liked a certain one of the GB’s wives in particular, said to be a bully. I wonder if it worked against her after he died

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I used to sit at the governing body table for all my meals while I was in Bethel. As I remember, most of the wives were very nice (think circuit overseer's wives) but there was an "air" about a few of them (one in particular) that let you know that you were beneath their radar. I won't mention any names but her initials were/are Marina Sydlik.

In terms of being superior/privileged, the ones who seemed the worst back then were the wife's of the Overseers in the factory or "Bethel Elders". In the basement there was a single washer and dryer for us to use because the Bethel laundry used to shrink/ruin our clothes. I used to take my nicer stuff down there and do a load once in awhile. I put my soap and clothes in the washer and walked over to the Commissary which was a few steps away, to get a snack to eat while I waited for my laundry. When I got back a few minutes later, one of the Elder's wife's had taken my sopping wet soapy clothes out of the machine and tossed them and my laundry bag, into the slop sink. She stood there with a sour look on her face as if there was no way in Hell Hades, she was going to wait around for a lowly "Bethel Boy" to do his laundry. I didn't say anything because I thought there might be some rule about not leaving the machines unattended, so I left and came back later just as she was pulling her wet stuff out of the washer and putting them into the dryer. She turned the dryer on and left ( apparently it WAS ok to leave...or maybe it was ok for HER to leave).

I resumed washing my stuff and waited there for the cycle to finish. When they were done, she hadn't returned so I took her still damp stuff out of the dryer and put it into her laundry basket and set it on the floor and put mine in the dryer. I wanted to see her face when she returned and discovered what I had done but unfortunately/fortuantely mine dried and I was outta' there before she returned but I was ready to go toe to toe with her.

I'd have gladly given up the machine and waited if she'd have asked. I couldn't believe that something this petty was happening at Bethel....they never mentioned this kind of stuff in the brochure ! This was one of many things that happened there (including having my room robbed) that told me something was very wrong with this organization and Jehovah wasn't watching.

To answer the original question, I think they'd more likely tweak the scriptures or come up with "new light" to justify their lifestyle, than they'd be to give up their luxuries. Right now, I'm sure they feel that their looking and having the best, reflects well on the organization and brings glory to or vindicates Jehovah's name.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete
    Pete Zahut

This was one of many things that happened there (including having my room robbed)

It was probably PAY-BACK- from the Sister in the laundry

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    It was probably PAY-BACK- from the Sister in the laundry

Ha! or maybe it was her and she was involved in some kind of money laundering this time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit