Supreme Court Of Russia bans Jehovah's Witnesses as an 'extremist organization'

by EdenOne 95 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

And therein lies the problem. The organization known as the Watchtower Society, which oversees the organization known as the JWs, is not a collection of individuals acting collectively.

Crow, you missed the main point of my argument. The point I was trying to make is that individuals will suffer pain. Real flesh and blood people. Not just numbers in some organization. These ppl could be your brother, your sister, your cousin, individuals that very well might end up in jail for not wanting to violate their conscience, as has happened to so many JWs throughout their history, and continues to happen (see reports south korea)

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

..having said that, we are not getting anywhere. Let's agree to disagree in what stance governments should have against JWs, and I'll end it with something I'm sure we will have in common: Lets hope as many JWs as possible, worldwide, find ttatt and leave quickly.

• DJS
    DJS

Well stated Sanchey

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    sanchy: Crow, you missed the main point of my argument. The point I was trying to make is that individuals will suffer pain. Real flesh and blood people. Not just numbers in some organization. These ppl could be your brother, your sister, your cousin, individuals that very well might end up in jail for not wanting to violate their conscience, as have so many JW throughout their history, and continue to do so (see south korea)

Well, I guess I did miss your point. I was being concerned for the people who actually are related to me...the blood relatives that I do not want to see getting sucked into committing suicide for an American corporation masquerading as a religion.

You are so right. I missed your point. As you missed mine. You missed feeling for the real flesh and blood people who will be required to give up their flesh and blood for the profits of that American corporation that wants to get the Russian people to die for them too. You missed feeling for the thousands and thousands of people who have already felt the pain of giving up flesh and blood.

Your tactic of trying to make me feel guilty for the pain of some unknown people isn't going to work...I already feel for the ones I know. I already feel for the ones who have died for a bullshit blood doctrine.

• never a jw
    never a jw

I am quite ambivalent about this liberal stance on freedom of religion. Sounds great and in practice has worked great, but it is time for some fine tuning. It should come with some restrictions that protect children's and women's rights, as well as prevent psychological abuse. So, freedom of religion is fine; worship Satan if you want. But no tax exemptions if you abuse, manipulate and psychologically abuse the individual. No shunning, no distinction between genders in terms of privileges and positions of authority, no discouraging higher education, no denying life saving medical procedures.If you refuse, you can freely practice your crazy and cruel religion, but you pay every penny of tax we can think of.

It's a tough course of action, but one that may have greater benefits than costs.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think it all a matter of time before the rest of the world starts shutting down this greedy cult that will destroy lives for profits. Just a matter of time before humanity in general gets wiser to pass laws to protect its citizens from these type of religious charlatans and the leaders of the group all get stiff prison sentences for their cruelty of enforced shunning to perpetuate their fraud self designated runners of Jehovah's earthly organization. To be unquestionably listen to and obeyed or else.

I really think this time is coming and it may be much sooner than we think. This years convention videos is going to show the world how nuts these goof balls are and how much these guys need some serious prison time, for the psychological cruelty they are inflicting on their captives.

I'm sure the Russian government has taken an interest in these recent videos to which they can rest their case and here very little outcry of oppression and cruelty coming forth on the international scene in WT's favor so bye bye JW.org in that country, with others(countries) following this recent example. They are on slippery ground all around the world.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Destroy young lives through coerced baptism at a very early age

How about infant baptism,albeit but JW baptism does not destroy lives. Moral corruption, tobacco, "aloholicism" drug abuse destroys lives, thanks to BTH and the government too. Children of baptism age and younger can get arrested and prosecuted and jailed. Jw baptism aint so bad. You are angry at JW

Destroy young lives through coerced avoidance of life saving medical assistance.

How about sending young men to vietnam and then spitting in their face when they return? I have a close friend, not a a practicing JW, his infant child was diagnosed:need blood, he refused, they pumped the blood into the infant anyway, killing him shortly afterwards.

Destroy families with their evil shunning policy

Shunning is not evil when it is an attempt to change the conduct of a beloved family member on the road to death and depravity. I think that it is more the family practicing the shunning in an extreme way than the shunning doctrine itself. Some people are just fanatics (self righeous) and more papist than the pope.

How about the Family Courts in the US destroying lives and families with their decisons and powers of the court.. JW shuning does not destroy familes , more than 50 percent of marriages in the US end up in divorce resulting in orders of protection, child custody, divorce, visitation orders, etc. -and destroyed families. The Law wll kill or jail your child. The Jw wants your child to live healthy mentally, physically, and spiritually.THe purpose of shunning is to attempt to change conduct that is harmful to a person and to others.

The law cares about the law. After a death sentence is carried out, then it is ok to acquit. Too bad though that person was executed.

I think that the views and actions against JW are more extreme than JW practices.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FISHERMAN:

Sorry, but your view of the Witness religion is idealized and simplistic.....It does NOT reflect reality!

LHG

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Sorry, but your view of the Witness religion is idealized and simplistic.....It does NOT reflect reality!

If you say so.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

. AndersAnderson: Guess what would happen if tomorrow the GB tells all JW that 'God prefers you to stay alive to preach, so please accept blood when needed'. Most would quickly follow that instruction. Apparently their refusing blood has less to do with their conscience, and more with mindless obedience to Watchtower.

Well said Sir!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit