JW Online University

by Tim207 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tim207
    Tim207

I have a family member who is a remote bethelite and they are working on creating content for online "university" for bethelites to teach them skills that are needed at bethel. From what I've seen it is a lot of recorded content saved on their SharePoint sites. I haven't seen any information on this from this site or Reddit which I'm more active on.

Has anyone else have more information on their new "university"? Hope you are all doing well and staying healthy!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Very interesting. No I've not heard about this.

I could see it being useful for computer science courses, for sure. Anything connected with digital design or film making perhaps.

I can't see how it would be useful for legal training or accountancy, though, (two things they need in abundance). Or even Realtor or Estate Agency training, since these things require you to be registered with state bodies at the very least.

Thoughts anyone.....?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Weird.

• Overrated
    Overrated

I can see it now " JwDumbassU.Com Come learn from the rest of the Dumbasses!"

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Sounds like Macdonald's

• JeffT
    JeffT

I'm a retired accountant. Accountancy would (in my opinion) be relatively easy to teach online. However, it would require instructors who learned their trade in the real world, something the GB frowns on. I think they'd run a risk of finding themselves running on a school on how to leave the JW's.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Interesting, though not surprising at this point. Their own version of BYU . . . JRU 😅 (Brigham Young=Joseph Rutherford, both second presidents after a organizational control crisis.)

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Building maintenance (janitor) obfuscation

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

However, it would require instructors who learned their trade in the real world

But the governing Body DOES have experience. They know how to MAKE BILLIONS, and use Government law to evade taxes and swindle many out of their estates. And it all legal!

• hoser
    hoser

Too bad they threw away all their old awake magazines. Reading them was equivalent to a degree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit