A step in the right direction: Denmark banning circumcision as a cruel, barbaric and archaic ritual not fit for modern civilised lands

by Gilbeath Haaraloth 27 Replies latest social current

• Gilbeath Haaraloth
    Gilbeath Haaraloth

As you may know, this makes me very happy.

ban on religious circumcision.

relate to a ban in all probability will not stop the millennium old core tradition in many parts of Islam and especially Judaism.

Should a ban be adopted, the ritual circumcision boy either be conducted in secret - and without the possibility of essential medical care if something goes wrong.

http://ekstrabladet.dk/nationen/advarsel-vil-forlade-danmark-hvis-omskaering-bliver-forbudt/5985331

In other words if they continue to perform this practice in private and something were to go wrong which happens all the time, they will not be allowed to seek medical attention through public insurance and will be forced to pay out of pocket. The same for out of country circumcision. Will not be allowed to return for treatment.

My next topic is about banning Halal the barbaric and cruel mistreatment of animals. I would post a video about what Halal is but it is far too graphic.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

What bullshit

I'm circumcised and I hold no grudges against my parents who decided to have the procedure done to me. Not everybody thinks it barbaric.

• Skedaddle
    Skedaddle
    It is barbaric. And totally unecessary. It makes me angry that political motivations are so deeply embedded into what should be our places of spiritual refuge. If i understand correctly, halal process starts with praying for the animal and giving thanks for its life. I love that they do this, if i'm correct but the slaughter part is murderous and barbaric - truely sacrificial. I honestly see my future as vegetarian. Sometimes i order meat or fish in a restaurant and i can't eat it because of my conscience. I literally feel sick. There's something telling me inside that it's not right. If it is right, why do animals have personalities? They have a life too. Who am i to end it? I still eat meat as i speak but i'm blocking out when i do. I will stop doing that soon and become vegetarian. Anyway... i've gone off topic. Sorry.
  • blondie
    blondie

Summary of history of circumcision...why do so many Christians get circumcised...it it a national/ethnic thing.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2013/07/the-history-of-circumcision/

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Thank God it is only a proposal. Other medics say that there are health benefits......IMHO this is nothing short of anti-semitism
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Barbaric. Banned. Agree.

Love how many European nations do such a good job at pointing out and eradicating all these practices originated by crazy religions.

Excellent!

DY

• talesin
    talesin
    Barbaric. Banned. Agree.

Yup. BB, I don't think anyone should hold a grudge against their parents. It's the 21st century now, and we know the benefits of leaving it alone - just like we know that tonsillectomy isn't always necessary, nor antibiotics for ear infections. It's time for a change. It's genital mutilation.

Good for the Netherlands.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Good on Denmark.

If the Netherlands ban it as well then things are even better.

Let's throw semitic traditions that mount to mutilation into the dustbin of history.

• juandefiero
    juandefiero

The real reason you're circumcised:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCSWbTv3hng

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity
    Now Jews and Muslims can rediscover good old fashioned Eurocentric Anti-Semitism by being equally discriminated against, soon it will be Halal/Kosher is cruel, bla, bla, bla. Frickin' White People!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit