We deserve to die

by elfgoblin 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

This one, as many a WT study, is the 'rectum derived' interpretation many of us turn a deaf ear regularly. Look around the KH when this info is being read or dissected from the platform, don't many seem as if they really do not give a flying f*** about it.

I've seen a few, younger crowd, as I do often, just looking up other stuff on my tablet while the meeting is going on.

Oh, the Org is in serious trouble! They should've never introduced that ridiculous 'overlapping generation' crap. The intelligent caught a whiff of their deceit since then.

DY

• Landy
    Landy
    I've seen a few, younger crowd, as I do often, just looking up other stuff on my tablet while the meeting is going on.

I wish we had tablets and internet access when I was a teenager there - we had to make do with drawing semi rude pictures in the watchtower margins or reading the other articles in the awake.

• Raque Invierno
    Raque Invierno

When i was in i dont remember hearing the actual words "we deserve to die" but i do remember the feeling of my life not belonging to me.

I understand how somebody awake would have difficulty not cringing but i cant help thinking of the ones who actually take those words to heart. So sad how after being fed those thoughts for years

This is the theology of "undeserved kindness

Exactly that. We dont deserve the kindness of revolving my life around the society

• elfgoblin
    elfgoblin

Oh, the Org is in serious trouble! They should've never introduced that ridiculous 'overlapping generation' crap. The intelligent caught a whiff of their deceit since then.

Most of the teens at my hall are going through the motions and a small amount of their parents seem to not even believe things like in the op. One kid about 14 years old obviously hates coming to the meetings and shows it through his body language. However, he gives talks, comments regularly, and does a lot of demonstrations. He would never say anything that's not on a piece of paper!

His father is that type of witness that has an inordinate amount of zeal and assuredly sucks the life away from every room he enters. The boy's mother though is a different story, as she isn't zealous about the religion at all but nice to everyone. She even told me, concerning her son, that it's just like growing up in a Baptist household and that if your folks are Baptist then you'll be one too.

Now that amazed me because most witnesses would not compare the organization to another denomination especially in that light. It's almost as if she knows that it's just another religion like any other.

That's why I believe people are warming up to this cult more quickly than ever before without there being some kind of failed prediction to cause it. They must be seeing it for what it really is, another religion. In particularly, a religion with a bad history.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ELFGOBLIN:

I remember having a discussion on this topic many years ago with one of the super-zealous JWs in my hall.

I totally disagreed with her and brought up how we inherited "imperfection" and we live in a toxic, dangerous world with everything out of our control, etc. etc. She just kept reiterating like a robot the religion's stand about how we are undeserving.

I came away with the feeling that Jehovah's Witnesses are masochistic in their thoughts and beliefs (and I was still a "believer" at the time).

I believe this is no accident but a carefully thought out design to get everybody to accept the role of victim in the JW religion in every way you can imagine! This was one of the many proverbial straws on the camel's back which led the way to my eventual "fade" from the religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit