American Sniper - courage or cowardice?

by Simon 48 Replies latest social entertainment

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I saw the movie and I thought it was average at best.

That's one of absurd things about war, in that a person can achieve great accolades, praise and glory upon their abilities of killing other people..   

• atheist_R_stupid
    atheist_R_stupid

yes...Snipers are when americans have a gun pointed at someone they dont like. assassins is any minority in the usa, or a NON american anywhere in the usa or abroad.

kennedy was assasinated.  Bin Ladin? sniper attack.

• Isle of Lewis
    Isle of Lewis

Unless a person has fought in a war, their opinion on wartime courage or cowardice means nothing.

• atheist_R_stupid
    atheist_R_stupid
    @isle of lewis In turn , you atheists, who lyin about being jws? who cares about your views of THEM?
  • Viviane
    Viviane

I'm as libby lib lib as they come and I can say with no reservation, Michael Moore is an absolute idiot.

Chris Kyle, just like every one of us, had both good and bad qualities that were enhanced by his life experiences. How we are portrayed can be either good or bad depending upon what the portrayer chooses to focus on.

Albert Einstein was a serial cheater. Ben Franklin loved prostitutes and was a serial liar. James Joyce loved to write his wife dirty letters about how much he loved her farts. Beethoven wrote 40 letters that we know of with poop jokes, several of them regarding poop and sex and licking anuses. So it goes.

• Viviane
    Viviane

@isle of lewis In turn , you atheists, who lyin about being jws? who cares about your views of THEM?

Have you tried not being a moron?

• Simon
    Simon
    I saw someone being interviewed on TV and complaining about the movie because his grandfather was killed in war by a sniper, or something like that

That's what struck me too ... there were many killed in wars by all manner of different units. It doesn't mean any are more or less honourable or have anything to do with any other death in any other war.

It seemed a bizarre line of reasoning.

• Simon
    Simon
    Bin Ladin? sniper attack.

You should watch a movie or the news sometime - you may learn something (like it wasn't a sniper).

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    "Whatever your view of the Iraq war were the service of individual soldiers while performing their duty is still service and should be respected." The US military is a so called "volunteer" army that gets PAID. They are mercenary's plain and simple. As the Nazi's found out, following orders is no excuse for serving the warped thinking of their superiors. The Iraq war was a criminal act and those men who went and fought in it are war criminals. "I was doing what I was ordered" is an age old meme for "I am a hired killer who does what he is told" no matter what army.
  • Kensei01
    Kensei01
    While I have enjoyed Mr Moore's documentaries in the past and have found them informative; I do have to say that at times you can detect a certain slant in the language which annoys me. 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit