JWs Excited Trump Won

by LaurenM 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LaurenM
    LaurenM

I am incredibly disturbed. Many of the JWs I'm still friends with on Facebook are incredibly excited that Trump won the American presidential race, posting, "Yay! I'm so happy! The end is near! The great tribulation is about to happen! Woohoo!" (essentially). It literally makes me sick to see them celebrating and looking forward to the immanent deaths of 99% of humanity. Is this going to make me run back to "Jehovah"? No. Even if the world does end and Trump starts a nuclear war, I rather die having lived this past year than to have died a JW.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

JW's have been doing this since the beginning of time. They do it with every President that is elected. The JW's think that when they get a hang nail, it's the end. Like I posted on another topic. Wash, rinse, repeat. The saddest thing about JW's is that they are waiting to be happy in the new system. They don't realize that they actually can be happy now. We see this in our own families. No kids, no education, no jobs, no homes, no money. "We will be happy in the new system." Sad! Doom and gloomers.

• freddo
    freddo

Just type "Luke 21 v 8" as a reply. Like this:

Luke 21 v 8

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

They love a good disaster dont they? I used to say the same things when i was a JW and there was a natural disaster.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I remember I felt the same way when the planes crashed into the twin towers. I was excited, happy, believing that the world would come to an end anytime now. 15 years later, I realize just how senseless and anti-christ like that attitude really is.

• JRK
    JRK

They are happy that their country is facing a Fascist crisis. They think it will jump start Armageddon.

JK

• blondie
    blondie

Matthew 24:44

44 Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

So if jws expect this to point to the hour, it can't be the hour. It has to be at a time when things seem to be going well worldwide.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2012681#h=11:83-11:111

3 One future development is mentioned by Paul in his letter to the Thessalonians. (Read 1 Thessalonians 5:2, 3.) He draws attention to “Jehovah’s day.” As used here, “Jehovah’s day” refers to the period that will start with the destruction of false religion and will culminate in the war of Armageddon. However, just before that day of Jehovah begins, world leaders will be saying “Peace and security!” This may refer to one event or to a series of events. Nations may think that they are close to solving some of their big problems. What about the religious leaders? They are part of the world, so it is possible that they will join the political leaders. (Rev. 17:1, 2) The clergy would thus be imitating the false prophets of ancient Judah. Jehovah said about them: “They [are] saying, ‘There is peace! There is peace!’ when there is no peace.”—Jer. 6:14; 23:16, 17.

• undercover
    undercover
    They are happy that their country is facing a Fascist crisis. They think it will jump start Armageddon.

Exactly. It is amazing how they read into a world event, that has nothing to do with them, that it's all about them.

I reminded one family member that while this may be a dark moment, it's not Hitler or Stalin, or the great depression (yet) or war (yet). They didn't get it. They weren't alive then to see the atrocities or the troubles of past generations. They only see the here and now, and believe what they're told to believe by the WTS.

• someDUDEinAsmallCubicalSomewhereOverTheRAINBOX
    someDUDEinAsmallCubicalSomewhereOverTheRAINBOX

I don't know who ya'll are talking to. Everyone at my job and friends/acquaintances are relieved Trump won and that we don't have to have a lying bitch, corrupt scumbag, and future convict in office. It's rainbows and butterflies for my inner circle today :->

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

LOL!! It doesn't matter which candidate was chosen for several reasons. Also, there will NEVER be a nuclear war....ever. The most that could ever happen is a dirty bomb, or small, tactical strike by "terrorists."

Nuclear War means "Game Over." Nobody wants that, espescially the ruling elite. You're better off buying survival gear, in case of a massive earthquake, Tornado, Ice Storm, Tsunami, Volcanic eruption, Meteor strike, or a Pole-shift that triggers all of the above.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit