People are nice and life is awesome.

by OneEyedJoe 18 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Beautiful post!

Yes, most people ARE indeed nice. It only takes one person to politely start a conversation, and most people will react well and open up. I randomly initiate chats with people every day, and have always had positive responses. It is almost like EVERYONE wants to be nice and chat, and it just takes one person to start the ball rolling.

The JW indoctrination made us think that all "worldly" people were evil, or out to get us. Or that they were not nice.

The reality is opposite.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Yeah, the more I think about it the more examples I can come up with. People that I meet walking the dog, or while sitting in a bar. The feeling really is one of immediate friendship most of the time with most people. I'm not sure how much that's skewed by my past cult experience and never really having a friendship based on true appreciation for another person's unique attributes, or if normal people feel this way too but regardless it's such amazingly strong evidence of how toxic the JW world is and how truly good most people are.

We can get bogged down on this forum getting sucked in to the toxic black cloud of the cult, going over all the lies, deception, and abuse that comes out of it. That's certainly important, all that needs to be exposed, but I started this wanting to get a little more positivity in here, especially for those that might still be struggling. I'm so pleased that so many have had such a similar experience of what it's like to be 'in the world.' Leaving the cult really is worth the costs, a hundred times over.

• zeb
    zeb

Today i went to a big hardware store and at the checkout found I had left my wallet home. A voice behind me called me by name and then this lovely lady who i had known years ago gave me a sumptuous hug. and then she paid for my purchases. I will drop in to her work and pay her back tomorrow.

Later at another shop an elderly man fell over in a car park and I and the shop assistant helped him up and got him to his car. She went and got the shops first-aid kit and treated his cut finger.

So many 'ifs' and buts had to line up her to see him fall and helping him cost us nothing.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@zeb. That's nice. Some asshole stole my BlackBerry yesterday. Satan's world has been nicer to you that it has to me, lol. Bloody worldly people.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Idk it might be on you for still having a blackberry. It was probably stolen by Indiana Jones, because it belongs in a museum.

@OneEyedJoe Lol. You have no idea how much sh*t everyone gave me after the phone got stolen. They saw it as a blessing that was guiding me to the iPhone. Or any other buttonless contraption.

Neverrrrrrr.

I refuse to learn my lesson. #blackberrylivesmatter

• zeb
    zeb

One thing I love so much of this site is the humor....

If we're not laughing, we may as well be crying, @zeb :P.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

#blackberrylivesmatter

So freaking hilarious @wake me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit