Absolutely worth seeing - Kevin from Dubtown tells about himself

by fastJehu 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Thanks Jehu, and Kevin......That was good for me today.

For the first time in years I took some flack from the family for quitting "The Truth" and I was feeling down . Kevin put into words what I feel inside.....that you cannot exercise doublethink and believe that they are guided by H/S while continually excusing them for being wrong.

Elapsed time since 1914 and a logical humanitarian abhorance of an Armageddon slaughter, means that they cannot be right.

Thanks again Kevin, we think alike

• jp1692
    jp1692

Kevin: "Let go of the label: ex-JW."

That's a great piece of advice. Healing and rebuilding our lives after leaving a cult takes both time and effort—there is real work involved in processing the experience of being in and leaving a cult.

But at some point we all need to move on, to become an ex-EX-JW.

That and get busy living the life we have left and making the most of it from from JW dogma and restrictions.

We don't need any labels to define us, no we don't.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Haven't watched the video yet, but I will.

I was raised in it from 1970, baptized in 1983 at age 16/17, left in 2007 age 41. I will be 53 in December.

My mom will be baptized 50 years in 2020. Her non JW husband (my stepdad) is very sick, she has few friends, only dubs. I can tell she is worried about her future. I wonder if her 76 year old self would tell her 26 year old self to not answer the door.

As to the being an ex-JW. I come here only to know what my mom is being fed by the Borg to monitor her mental health (I live 600 kiles away). Once she is gone, I am sure I may only pop in here to keep in touch with friends.

I am too busy living a real life.

Snakes (Rich)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit