Is this a true statement? Elders that are DF will be reinstated much quicker than the average publisher.

by James Mixon 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Brother was a professional football player before becoming a JW. He was df for adultery,

df and reinstated within two years and soon after an elder.

I have been out since 1987, my brother an elder told me I could be reinstated in six months.

I guess it much easier to be re instated if you have family members who are elders.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

blue dog : My grandfather slept with his brothers wife but was reinstated and reappointed an elder shortly thereafter. My grandmother slept with her brother in law

ha ha ha--brilliant.

but just as well your grampa slept with your granma---or else you would be just another wasted ovum.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

I say false

But it ALL depends on the local elder bodies recommendation

All boe's are different

I knew a guy who was never given a single privilege in 10 years of working hard in the cong because he told his mother to "F off" ONE time and his old school PO nailed him to the cross for it

Even called his new cong and told boe not to appt him. That was how he found out what old PO was doing

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It would be incorrect to say elders are noticeably quicker to get reinstated.

There are many intervening variables to how and why he might be though.

For example .....

I think it helps for the man to move out the congregation of where he was DFed.

The PO in my Hall was DFed for adultery, he was shagging young teenage girls on his businesses trips.

He moved to another town and another congregation where he was reinstated within 6 months.

Other variables could be how much financial contributions he made while being an elder and how much he participated in Assemblies, service work, pioneering, private bible studies he made and how many new members he brought into the organization.... etc ..

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Finkeistein: I agree on the variables. A well like elder walks away or DF, he goes off

and does his own thing. Years later he return the brothers welcome him back with open arms.

I believe the difference a person(not an elder) who have been df and seeking repentance by attending all

meetings, sitting in the back and shunned it's a good thing for the rf. But someone who walked away,

never attended any meetings and years later show up (elder), yes he will be reinstated quickly.

• blondie
    blondie
    I saw a pedophile brother reinstated in 8 months...he had the elders by the financial balls.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon
    blondie: yes money will create new light for repentance.
  • poopie
    poopie
    We have an elder here df twice first time reappointed elder 4 yrs second time now after 6 months he's now on conducting bible study christian life and ministry if you were an elder and you make all meeting the good old boy network will have you reinstated 8 months tops then you will be reappointed 3yrs tops.If your regular publisher kiss your but goodbye 2 to 5 yrs maybe if you kiss elders butts.
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt
    NO!
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

This thread and its title. Well it depends.

I think it depends largely on how much money someone has to get reinstated. The more money, the more power you have, the quicker you get reinstated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit