Successful Leaver

by 2True 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• hoser
    hoser

Tor1500

jerusalem was destroyed in 587. The reason that Jws say 607 is that it lines up with their 1914 prophecy which originally was conjured up by measuring the amount of inches of a chamber in one of the pyramids in Egypt.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

2True

Having been that so called "golden boy" myself, it's very damn difficult to to see the gold in that title. It was the pain of "letting others down, that hurt the most especially when one spends his entire life as a jw. It took me way too long to see the real light so thank 'god' for the internet!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    Why is it that most books do not say 607 ?

Because that is not when Jerusalem fell, no reputable bible scholar believes that Jerusalem fell in 607. The Watchtower only clings to that date because it makes their chronology work. As justification they say that the bible makes mention of "70 years of desolation", which they insist is a literal time period that doesn't work with 587. But other groups reconcile the 70 years with the 587 date, and the Watchtower itself teaches that the 70 years of desolation is figurative in the case of the fall of Tyre. It makes no sense that "70 years of desolation" is figurative in one case but must be literal in another. It's clear that the Watchtower is insisting that the 70 years is a literal time period only because the 607 date supports their chronology of 1914.

Put that with their failed generation predictions and you can only conclude they haven't gotten one thing right.

For a complete explanation:

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/607-70-years.php

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Nicely written. Nice approach to the subject. I think it will go over the head of a Jehovah's Witness though. They are an uneducated narrow minded bunch of folk.

I was listening to the public speaker yesterday thinking, "If someone challenged you on any of the subjects you are trying to speak on, you would completely crumble." Most public talks are embarrassing to listen too now.

Lack of education is big in this organization. It seems the most faithful are the biggest dummies or the most mentally unbalanced. The only exception I have seen are those who desperately want to see a dead loved one again (i.o.w. exploited).

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great thread!

I relate to so much of your situation and comments!
    Well written letter too!

I wish you well.

• tor1500
    tor1500

HI All,

I'm wondering is there some place that can be contacted in Jerusalem to see if they have any information on their destruction ?

I'm also wondering if some JW's went to Jerusalem & found out it wasn't 607 BC. Who better would have records of their history but Jerusalem it's self.

I've heard many have done research of the fall of Jerusalem & found out it wasn't 607,,,& that caused many of them to leave the org. I know of one that did. They want nothing to do with the org. As a matter of fact I know of another who left the org. because of their research...

So, if there was proof from Jerusalem, wonder would the org. accept it. I'm going to say something stupid...They would look at it the proof from Jerusalem & say something like....they don't know their own history, that's how arrogant they are...

I don't have the $$$, but I would love to go myself to find out when Jerusalem ...DID FALL.

Tor

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

Welcome Bro. Well written letter. Loved the Plato's Cave analogy, never heard it before......might send it to my wife. Anyways see you at the watering hole.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'm wondering is there some place that can be contacted in Jerusalem to see if they have any information on their destruction ? I'm also wondering if some JW's went to Jerusalem & found out it wasn't 607 BC. Who better would have records of their history but Jerusalem it's self. I've heard many have done research of the fall of Jerusalem & found out it wasn't 607,,,& that caused many of them to leave the org.

You won't find anything written by secular experts dispelling the 607 date. Why? Because NO ONE but JW's cling to the 607 date, thus it just is not a matter of discussion. EVERYONE (except JW's) accept the historical date as 586/587. JW's are so insignificant, both in numbers (1/10th of 1% of the population) and in significance (no one really gives a sh!t about their doctrine except them) that no one has bothered to refute their ridiculous claim about 607.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit