Am i reading this right...? The preaching work is done??

by Nobodyspecial 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Something must give within this year or next year at most.

When we get to the end of 2017 and there is still no end in sight, will you continue to be a JW?

Or will you finally pack it in?

• tiki
    tiki

Nowwhat and outlaw......thanks for the humor!! And yeah....its a lol, but Ohh so true......

• Gargamel
    Gargamel

The JWs used to say that everyone will know about the 'Truth' - and then the end will come.

Years after, I had a little flashback to this when reading one of the offshoots from Douglas Adams' 'Hitchhiker's Guide ...'. A character called Bowerick Wowbagger becomes immortal by accident. To relieve his boredom, he sets about visiting every creature in the universe, in alphabetical order, and insulting them. Due to creatures being born regularly, his task is impossible.

Sound familiar? :)

• blondie
    blondie

17 Fifth, we see a global preaching work being accomplished, which Jesus said would take place just before the end of this system. Jesus stated: “This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.” (Matthew 24:14) Today, that prophecy is in the course of fulfillment on an unprecedented scale. True, untouched territories still exist, and it may be that in Jehovah’s due time, a large door leading to greater activity will open. (1 Corinthians 16:9) Nevertheless, the Bible does not state that Jehovah will wait until every individual on earth has received a personal witness. Rather, the good news must be preached to Jehovah’s satisfaction. Then the end will come.—Compare Matthew 10:23.

w00 1/15 pp. 9-14

• “Keep on the Watch
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Haha....most witnesses dont even know what the "current truth" is , so there is little hope of the "world" being preached to.....

• Nobodyspecial
    Nobodyspecial

All good points, apparently they made this claim before..... Its a function of being away from the insanity that i can see it clearly i suppose

• jws
    jws

Seems very open ended. Like blondie's comments above say, they don't know. So it's whatever they decide.

If they want to keep it going, they can. They are saying a prophecy has been fulfilled about preaching to the entire earth. And they feel they've reached enough places to fulfill it, but that doesn't mean it has to be fulfilled and stop.

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit