What would you like to see the Watchtower Society implement that would give you a dignified way to leave/stop being a Jehovah's Witness?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Jehovah's Witnesses do not provide a dignified resignation process for members who wish to resign/quit being a Jehovah's Witnesses.You are not given any good choices. You can either: disassociate yourself,fade,become inactive or move to another city/state/country where you won't be bothered or found out.

If you quit your job/employment, stop attending a book club or bowling league,or quit a lawn service company, newspaper delivery service,you wouldn't see your employer or friends sending out a written notice to anyone to stop all association with you or have little contact.You would sue them for slander.You have a right to quit any association or contract (when it expires or doesn't meet the terms any longer) whenever you wish.

What would you like to see the Watchtower Society implement that would give you a dignified way to leave/stop being a Jehovah's Witness?

• Giordano
    Giordano

Get rid of shunning......... it's a terrible solution to apply especially people who just want to leave.

The WTBTS lives in fear that they will lose membership lose control. Its weak minded thinking. The JW's live in fear of the WTBTS.

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

Unfortunately, even if any policies were changed, nothing would change.

The dubs are indoctrinated with an "us against them" mentality. Anyone that leaves for any reason will always be looked upon as the enemy.

I've never been df'd or da'd. With the exception of no meetings or field service, my life has changed in no other way, but my relatives look at me as mentally defective. Sorry bro, just the facts.

• oppostate
    oppostate

Here's a few of my ideas for change proposal.

The shunning practice makes them a cult more than any other doctrine.

They need to get rid of it.

The blood issue is another one. Makes the JW religion a definitely harmful cult.

They need to get rid of that also.

Stop misogynistic practices. It's the 21st century not the 11th.

The no-beards attitude--Get rid of that, and do it yesterday! It's over-the-top proof of their controlling and micro-managing people's lives.

Reporting time is abused by publishers and a form of abuse by elders.

Elders judge publishers by what number of hours and placements are reported--reports which at times have little relation to the actual hours spent in doing field service or to the amount of publications placed. Gotta get rid of that.

When they actually print a retraction on no-beards-policy, misogynistic practices, no-blood, and no shunning, that'll be the day, then we'd clearly see the end of the WT/JW 0rganization.

• freddo
    freddo

I'd like the CO at the start of his visit get up to give the "service talk" on the Tuesday evening and say:

"Brothers and Sisters, after 140 years the Governing Body have asked me to tell you they have realised that not one prediction Jehovah's Witnesses and their forbears made has ever come true.

"What about 1914?" I hear you ask. Nope! Even that one was wrong. Charles Taze Russell thought they were all going to heaven and it didn't happen. And Rutherford predicted 1925 and Knorr and Franz promoted 1975 and the 1914 generation.

None of it has come true; so why do you think the overlapping generation doctrine has any hope of coming true either?

So here's is what we are going to do. We are going to shut up shop right now. That's right! Go home! Turn on the telly; make love to your husband or wife; have a wank. Sieze the day! Make your life great and enjoy it. Go and find your disfellowshipped relatives and tell them you are sorry you got involved with this silly little cult.

We are going to sell all our buildings. Your Kingdom hall will be sold and the proceeds divided among all the publishers that use the hall. All the Assembly halls and bethels will be sold and the proceeds will be handed over to abused children.

Goodbye and good luck. I'm off to the circuit flat to have a beer, watch telly and make love to my wife and tomorrow I'm going to look for a job.

Have a nice life.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
  • Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    If they could flip or flop (whatever) back to pre 1980 where individuals could freely disassociate and not be shunned. That would be one small step for the 7 men, one giant leap for the Governing Body. That way they leave a christ like welcoming door wide open, instead of a door slammed shut behind them.
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

For the sake of those (with family in) who want to get the hell out of the religion, I'd like to see the religion ease up on the shunning routine.

Unfortunately, I don't think the religion will cooperate any time soon because they see the "shun gun" as a tactic to keep people trapped in the religion! These poor victims have my sympathy and I hope they find a way!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I don't think there will be ever a way someone can leave the Borg with any dignity.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Unfortunately, even if any policies were changed, nothing would change. . .The dubs are indoctrinated with an "us against them" mentality.

So true. We are not DFd or DAd. We are just (officially) "weak, inactive" publishers, who have been stumbled and thus are not attending meetings or going in FS. Yet, the result is just about the same as being shunned, other than they usually speak when we stumble upon one another in public. No calls. No visits. No invitations.

But I'm not complaining. That's OK.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit