Forbidden Book

by snowbird 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

It really sucks that in this modern age people are still not allowed to read certain books. On another note the Muslim are a good source for information on what's wrong with the Bible.

• LV101
    LV101

Exactly, Outlaw!

Crazyguy - that's interesting - so the Muslims know the Bible as well as the Koran.

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll
    Well, my daughter said the younger was blackmailing the older because the older was in possession of a Bible!
    She also said the young man confessed to her that he often times went to a soul food joint way out in the country and ordered pork chops. She said he told her they tasted soooo good.

Can you imagine Homer Simpson living under Sharia law: "no beer, no pork chops make Homer 'something something'..."

I never liked pork (except for Canadian bacon on Hawaiian pizza) but I do remember being a little nervous about being recognized by another witness when I was in the public library or book store; especially when I was perusing certain sections. Of course, now that I've grown up I realize how baseless and childish my fear was. JWs don't use libraries.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

The Bible isn't forbidden to Muslims. A local imam stayed in our library for months, slept and prayed tjere and we own dozens of non Muslim holy books and literature, buddhist, mormon, Jewish, hindu, sda, Catholic. we had jw stuff but now only have one old book an employee gave him.We have had scholars and teachers from all over the world stay with us for a meal or a week or months.No one ever suggested we get rid of any. Aziz loves to share a scripture about jesus prostrating in prayer. However, I can totally see the pork blackmail happening. :) my husband memorized the book of james and is respected so I don't see it getting anyone in trouble, but different strokes. Islam is not a monolithic religion like the JWs

• baker
  • snowbird
    snowbird

Thanks for the replies.

In that particular family, the Bible was forbidden.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit