Have you seen these drawings against medical procedures?

by ILoveTTATT2 21 Replies latest jw friends

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

These come from the Golden Age of June 8, 1932:

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Do you perchance, know what the dope they are referring to?

In Victorian days, they used Laudanum (opium) for pain killing, tonic, calming the nerves....

Is the pus squirter a reference to vaccinations? - just one of the WT's dangerous policies.

• hoser
    hoser

The jws were anti vaccination back then. That is what the needle full of pus is referring to. Some jw families I grew up with in the 60’s and 70’s still felt vaccines were wrong and didn’t allow their kids to get vaccinated but I’m not sure what watchtowers official stance was In those years.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Oh yeah..

...Jesus clearly picked these fuckwits to rep him back then.

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Do you perchance, know what the dope they are referring to?

In Victorian days, they used Laudanum (opium) for pain killing, tonic, calming the nerves....

Is the pus squirter a reference to vaccinations? - just one of the WT's dangerous policies.

Yes, they mention that they are referring to Opium, Morphine, and Cocaine, respectively, in the accompanying article. However, they did mention one case where 65mg of morphine killed an 18 year old woman. I checked with a doctor and he said it depends, but generally that wouldn´t be considered a high dose.

The pus squirter is most definitely a reference to vaccinations.

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2
    I’m not sure what watchtowers official stance was In those years.
    Definitely antivaxxer. They had that position officially from 1931 to 1952.
  • steve2
    steve2

A long history of attacking conventional medicine and peddling quackery. Even today, JWs are critical of conventional medicine and easily taken by unscientific approaches. In this kind of medicinal weirdness, it is little wonder that the blood-refusal doctrine emerged.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

Not to veer too far off topic....about 15 years ago while fully in, I was diagnosed with stage 1 cancer. When a few friends found out about it, they tried to talk me out of receiving radiation to shrink the tumour I had growing in my skull. "You have to try this Doctor so-and-so in Philadelphia who is a natural healer. He cures it all naturally." Well, after researching this quack I found out that not only he seemed to prey on JW's, but was one himself. I went my marry way and used the conventional route which put everything into remission up to this day. When I look back, if I went that route, I wouldn't be here today.

• undercover
    undercover
    Some jw families I grew up with in the 60’s and 70’s still felt vaccines were wrong and didn’t allow their kids to get vaccinated but I’m not sure what watchtowers official stance was In those years.

I grew up in the 60s/70s, and I remember my uberzealous mother wanted to not vaccinate us kids. My father was more practical (and not so zealous as our mother), and overruled her.

• steve2
    steve2

I grew up in the 60s/70s, and I remember my uberzealous mother wanted to not vaccinate us kids. My father was more practical (and not so zealous as our mother), and overruled her.

Imagine the health consequences if it were the other way around: Your father was against vaccinations while your mother wanted them. Given that the man is seen in patriarchal religions as "the head of the house" you and your siblings could have experienced badly compromised health or worse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit