My experience with religion

by Cota Samuel 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE

Welcome - Your humble, candid account has really touched me -

In 2010 I descended into Deep Depression [30 months of hell] and I would strongly suspect that you are suffering from depression yourself - Its almost predictable within the JW.Org movement . But you will work through it and you will find helping "hands" in places like this - Many of us have been and are still there ourselves!

Just keep searching and "working out your own salvation"

Regards

• Zoos
    Zoos

Welcome, Samuel - and your English is great!

You just described the process we all went through. It's hard... agonizing sometimes, but survivable. You're going to come out of this a much stronger person.

The end was scheduled in roughly 1-2 months...

They've been scheduling the end for over 100 years and someone keeps not showing up for the meeting. Could it be they have no idea what they're talking about?

• John Free
    John Free

Hello Sam.

Thanks for sharing your story. You sound like a sincere person and that sincerity has been abused by this group. I was reading a watchtower study article last night for the first time in 6months, the control and manipulation within them is unbelievable. It amazes me that I couldn't see that before while in, but you're so conditioned to accept mental abuse.

Its a very tough life lesson you've had and we all relate to the trauma you have been through.

Best wishes with the rest of your life friend!

• Anon2
    Anon2

Hi Samuel. As Zoos said, your English is very good. You should be proud that you realized within two years that you're on a path you'd rather not be on. You're young, and have a long life ahead of you. You can't change the past, but have today, and the future. You don't have to waste any more worrying about a tomorrow that may never come.

Life, and the world, is full of beauty. Babbling brooks, a gentle breeze, a night around a crackling campfire, all the wonders of nature and it's creatures. Each one, getting along, day by day. None worrying. May you find the path you want to follow. Thank you for sharing your journey.

• antes8080
    antes8080
    Welcome Cota, don't fear. Is not worth lossing sleep over it. Just live your life.
  • Dunedain
    Dunedain

Hey CotaSam, your intelligence, and at such an early age, is AWESOME. In fact, i would bet that it WAS your intelligence that first drew you to the "truth", and then led you to see that it is NOT the "truth", as well.

Do not be so hard on yourself, its actually OK that you were interested in the BORG, and its perfectly fine that you are mentally free from it. It seems like you learned this quickly, and that is a good thing. You learned this BEFORE you became further "trapped" by the borg, and maybe got married in it, or had children in it. Once you want to leave, but then with all the extra "baggage", it would be even more depressing. You did good, and you dodged a bullet.

I know that everything, at the time, seems so intense, and that the "pain" or "heartache" you are experiencing, may seem like it will never end. But, i promise, it WILL.

Look at your experience with the WTS, as a positive, not a negative. You ARE free of it, so look at it as "stage" in your ever changing life journey, that you are on. You have SO MUCH ahead of you, maybe some down, but so much more positive. Have fun my friend, you have a GOOD life ahead of you, especially since you are smart enough to be free.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Welcome Sam.

You may not feel it at the moment, but you are lucky to have woken up at 18.

Your life lays in front of you.

As was mentioned - the end is coming soon - but only in WT's dictionary.

Even this past week's study:

If we watch our associations in these last days, we may personally live right through the end of this evil system and into Jehovah’s righteous new world now so near at hand!

Yawn.

• Cota Samuel
    Cota Samuel
    I want to thank everyone for their responses and for the kind encouragements. I appreciate them 😀
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Welcome. Thanks for sharing with us. Try to enjoy the journey, tho it's a struggle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit