A big thanks to all you good good people

by aboveusonlysky 22 Replies latest jw friends

• aboveusonlysky
    aboveusonlysky

"When the truth is found to be lies, and all the joy within you dies" Jefferson airplane

Until that is you find websites like this! I want to say a big thank you to all of you for everything I've learned here, as well as jwfacts, jwsurvey, Coc, Isocf etc.

I'm a born in and I spent more than two decades of my adult life in full time 'service' for the (b)org. I can't say too much about myself yet because I know for a fact there are jdubs watching this site purely to try and 'out' apostates.

It was cruel treatment of too many good people I knew at the hands of the (b)org that started to awaken me, I went through a difficult period and asked a few genuine questions, stepped down from being an eldub, and then found myself on the end of the same cruel treatment. Once I stopped putting all the blame on elders and examined the system that trained elders it all fell into place (Coc was invaluableat that point along with a book called ' the kingdom that never came' by joseph wilting, available on jwfacts) The up side is their cruelty has helped me quicken my exit and is waking up some of my family and even close friends, I have others that would undoubtedly shun me so getting df'd is not a good idea for now, maybe I'll feel different about that in the future, who knows? It's been an incredible journey so far.

Big rant ahead so please feel free to skip to the end!

These are the reasons for my exit...

It's my opinion that everyone should have the right to believe whatever they want as long as their beliefs are not harmful to others, this is why the wtbt$ as we know it needs to be brought down. From the moment a born in like me is conceived in the womb his or her life is at risk from the parents blind beliefs about blood, every friendship a jw child develops outside the cong is limited or forbidden altogether by rules the child has not yet agreed to follow, and every friendship inside the cong is threatened by the possibility of organizationally mandated shunning required at any given moment. By the time a jw child reaches adult life if they haven't been coerced into baptism already the prospect of not doing so at that point can be extremely bleak for them. The (b)org is undoubtedly guilty of neglect when it comes to the sexual abuse of children but when it comes to emotional abuse the (k)GB are guilty of far more than neglect, they are literally promoting the abuse.

Shunning destroys family's and friendships and given that hundreds (maybe more than a thousand?) jw's are shunned every week goverments around the world need to be more aware of the cruel policies of jw's. This week's WT is a joke and given my views on the matter I thought this a good time to introduce myself. There has been so much in the media about bullying at school/workplace/online in recent years so more needs to be said about WT's bullying.

I could go on about the ever changing doctrines and utterly illogical beliefs, the money grabbing and non-transparent nature of the (b)org but that's enough for now, I love reading your posts, cofty's logic (some seriously helpful stuff dude), blondie's amazing back catalogue of WT nonsense, outlaw's comedy and many many more, I'll be happy if I can contribute anything half as good, every day is an emotional roller coaster at the moment so I'll post when I can.

Keep up the good work people!

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

I'm extremely happy to be the first to congratulate and welcome you brother!

Nicely put.

• hybridous
    hybridous
    Good stuff. Glad to have you in the mix.
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Welcome AUOS. Emotional abuse of children, you're so right. It's taken so many of us years to recover from it.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

Welcome. So glad you are here. This site has helped us so much. Kind of like therapy. We love hearing the perspective of ex eldubs. I find it interesting that you used 2 words to describe WT. These are the same 2 words I use to describe their actions....abuse and bullying. This is the main reason we left 3 years ago, then we learned TTATT.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

• oppostate
    oppostate
    I'll be happy if I can contribute anything

You just did contribute something very powerful. Not having been a born-in myself I see how my thought patterns from before the cult were there lying dormant beneath the mind control.

But as a born-in, you probably can't connect with a pre-cult personality and what you identify is the mistreatment, abuse and bullying that this cult can wreak on the young, being totally at the mercy of their dangerous influence and control.

Thanks for your contribution. Keep expressing your thoughts, it's very much appreciated.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome!

I am glad you found us and woke up.

Lisa🌹

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    Welcome! I too am especially interested and heartened by any ex-elders who comment here. Some of the experiences related here would be hard to believe if not for ones such as yourself who have been on the front lines and behind the scenes, so to speak, to confirm those experiences. There are so many things the rank & file are just not aware of, like the money grab, that are causing sincere ones like you to awaken.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Exactly, it isn't the elders themselves, it is the overall system that trains the elders. Anyone who uses the 'imperfect men' excuse needs to realize it's the whole org that's flawed, cruel and corrupt. And these local elders feel pressured from their whole communities to 'reach out' to achieve success and status, and then follow the system to retain the title and avoid the embarrassment of stepping down. Many if not most lose their humanity.

Welcome.

• LettMorrisSplaneit
    LettMorrisSplaneit
    Welcome, I'm glad you found us πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit