Hebrews in the NWT

by jhine 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jhine
    jhine

Thank you darkspilver .

Jan

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

It's interesting that regardless of the fact that every Bible translation (including the NWT) has translated the Greek word proskyneō as "worship" in various scriptures, Strong's Concordance describes it simply as obeisance, homage, or reverence - but not worship. The NWT has opted to use both interpretations.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G4352&t=KJV

• Perry
    Perry

They changed Hebrews 1: 8 too and the Psalms that it was quoting!

----------------------------KJV-------------------------- NASB--------------------NIV------------------------NWT

Hebrews 1:5,6

(worshipping anything other than God is idolatry)

Thou art my Son… And let all the angels of God worship him.YOU ARE MY SON… “AND LET ALL THE ANGELS OF GOD WORSHIP HIM.""You are my Son…Let all God's angels worship him."You are my son; …“And let all God’s angels do obeisance to him.”
    Hebrews 1:8

(See Ps. 45:6)
    But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and everBut of the Son He says, YOUR THRONE, O GOD, IS FOREVERBut about the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, will last for everBut with reference to the Son: “God is your throne forever

(original passage in Psalms was perverted to support this one!)
  • Perry
    Perry

In Hebrews Chapter one, (1) The angels are commanded to worship Jesus and (2) Jehovah calls the Son "God".

• jhine
    jhine

Thanks for all the comments guys

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit