Lucky 8 TV in NY is working on a docu-series. If shunned & have not had contact w/loved ones for 5-years, contact them to tell story on TV

by AndersonsInfo 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo
    Lucky 8 TV (http://www.lucky8.tv/about-8/) in New York is currently working on a docu-series for a major cable network that focuses on the issue of family estrangement.

The production company is looking for people in our group (former JW’s) in the United States of all ages who have not had any contact with a loved one in at least 5 years because of shunning. If you (or anyone you know) fits this description and would like to share your story, please send an email to Production Assistant Emily Torres: [email protected].

Ultimately, the goal of this series is to shed light on the issue of estrangement by showing real people sharing their stories and if possible reuniting with their loved ones. Of course, reuniting with loved ones when shunned is impossible unless the disfellowshipped person rejoins the religion and the production company understands this. However, they still want to hear the perspective of someone whose participation in or leaving of a religious group or organization like Watchtower has caused their estrangement.

Just so you know, these people are very aware this is a sensitive topic and are taking this very seriously. Thank you!

Barbara
  • jp1692
    jp1692

Barbara, thanks for posting this!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

What ? their are no ex / JW`s who have been shunned for more than 5 years in the USA ?

Come on guys and gals here`s your chance to put the WTB&TS in the hot seat in New York Television which has the potential of reaching a much wider audience depending on the response they get.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

What the hell is going on...7 hours have gone by and still Barbara has no takers. God-Almighty, there have got to be tens of thousands of exjws who fit this scenario!

Thank you Barbara...God love you & Joe for all you do for the exJW community.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

...damn smiddy 3...what timing!:)

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Thanks for bringing attention to this Barbara

• stillin
    stillin

To be fair and give some perspective, it seems that voices from both sides should be heard. It's a nasty policy, shunning, but with the right sugar-coating the WTS sold it to all of US at one time or another!

• zeb
    zeb

Pity they cant take in even if only to mention it as a one line that they have had xy number of contacts from this country and that country. Just to point out to viewers that this problem is corporate driven ie international not just a local issue of some congs in the US.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Thanks Barbara.

I Have sent in a brief email to Emily Torres describing our being shunned by my niece who was born 7 years after my wife and I had DAed.

Something changed 5 or 6 years ago.

Gio

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Has anyone posted on Reddit? There are heaps of American kids who are shunned on there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit