Elders School 2017: New instructions to handle sexual abuses?

by sp74bb 23 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    fukitol - "They are scraping the bottom of the barrel legally..."

Let's be honest.

At this point, they're scraping the bottom of the barrel for pretty much everything. :smirk:

"The victims be damned; we are the Watchtower Society and we are Gods mouthpiece. We will not change our policy!"

That's pretty much what they told Irwin Zalkin.

• under the radar
    under the radar

If they really do start having the victims sign something about it being ok to notify the police, I can almost guarantee they'll couch it in terms of, "Having you sign this is a legal requirement, but it's entirely up to you whether you want to insist on your rights and drag Jehovah's name through the mud. If you wish, you can just trust in Jehovah and leave it in his hands."

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Under the radar

spot on, also the complainant or the complainant, their parents/guardian if present at such a meeting should get a copy of any document read out, which must have the names/signatures of ALL present. The document must include a comment to the effect that NO congregation action will follow any using right to approach authorities.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    under the radar - "...I can almost guarantee they'll couch it in terms of, 'Having you sign this is a legal requirement, but it's entirely up to you whether you want to insist on your rights and drag Jehovah's name through the mud. If you wish, you can just trust in Jehovah and leave it in his hands'."

Verbatim, I'm sure.

Somewhere in the bowels of WTHQ, there's a loyal JW secretly assigned to monitoring this forum, reading your post, and thinking, "damn, that's good"...

:smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit