The UN Files - Print Out And Keep For Your Next JW Visitor

by pale.emperor 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I've been researching the WT and the UN involvement. When i was still in and i first seen the UN letter online, my cognitive dissonance kicked and I told myself it'll be a fake. An apostate lie.

And seeing as no JW I've spoken to has ever heard of it, and flatly deny any involvement "no, they wouldn't do that", I decided to do a little "personal study" of my own. I intend to keep the documents on file so i can show them to my next witness caller on Saturday morning. Please note that i have no interest in spreading "false stories", "slander" or "lies". I am only interested in THE FACTS and EVIDENCE. And i have provided that evidence here.

Ok first off - in 1957 the Watchtower magazine discussed THEOCRATIC WARFARE. In a nutshell, you can lie in order to keep the preaching work going. No, not lie... just withhold information. This is something that if you were to do TO the WT society they would call you a liar. But i guess it's ok when they do it.

TAKE SPECIAL NOTE OF THE FIRST PARAGRAPH ON PAGE 286.

So lets flip this around for a second... suppose your child needs a blood transfusion. You allow him/her to have one. Later, the a JW representative (HLC member) turns up and asks if your child has had one - if we seek to protect our child and ourselves from disfellowshipping and use "theocratic warfare" we would be labelled as liars. But if the WT society does it to escape a prison sentence or interrogation its ok.

In 1991 the Watchtower society contacted the UN's NGO section and applied for membership of it's Department for Public Information. TAKE SPECIAL NOTE AT WHAT ANYONE SIGNING UP HAS TO DO IN ORDER TO BE GRANTED MEMBERSHIP:

Does that sound rather strange? The UN, the wild beast of Revelation that the kings of the nations turn to for peace and security?

For those that found out about the UN involvement, they were, naturally, stumbled. And so they asked their elders. Who were not aware of any UN involvement. Eventually, so many inquiries were being made to elders in congregations around the world that Bethel had to write to the Guardian newspaper that originally ran the exposé story.

Bethel claim it was only to use the UN library. And secondly, that they didn't know that the UN changed their criteria for membership. The first excuse may be true. But even if it was "only to use the library", this directly contradicts their own standing on this issue. See Watchtower 1979 in which it discussed why a Jehovahs Witness could not join the YMCA:

But the second excuse doesn't hold water under scrutiny. The WT society claimed that, unknown to them, the UN changed their wording on the sign up papers and when this was discovered then they withdrew membership.

The UN printed this reply:

Maybe the UN is lying? Well, here is a copy of an annual sign up form (apologies for the poor quality):

Is it a coincidence that the Watchtower society "discovered" this supposed "new wording" the very same year that the Guardian newspaper printed their story? Maybe. But i think not. If this were a court case the evidence presented above would put the WT society in a very difficult position.

But besides all this. WHY did the average JW not know about the UN involvement? If it really were just to use their library facilities they could have printed that in their Watchtowers back in 1991, thereby informing everyone in case accusations came up. And why did most elders not know?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great summary.

Yes, this was the straw that broke the camels back for me...

The act of deceitfully lying about it to the cong (or just hushing it up) just buried the camel...

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Excellent thread and very good research. Thank you.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

PE

Great post. Thank you. This post should be bumped to the top occasionally. There is Sooooo Much that the average JW does not know about there very own religion. Most of us on here already know about WT's association with the UN. There are lurkers on here. If we could just get one person to see this, it maybe one person we could save from an abusive/lying cult.

So I guess the next time I pass a strip club, I can just go in because I need to use their restroom or they serve the best burger in town. That is a similar excuse WT uses. They joined for the library? Really WT!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Good comparison ToesUp!

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I find this useful for people who need to bother trying to show them reality. Personally, I find it easier to just tell them to eff off.

• ab.ortega
    ab.ortega

Nice post.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Thanks. Just copied it all to save.

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

I am not defending the dubs, but on Reddit someone posted a link to Morris' supposed Facebook page and a post about this very subject. The post had a link to jehovahsjudgment.co.uk/watchtower where they appear to refute this. Just curious how it compares to your research (I am on my phone and it is challenging to do comparisons at the moment).

• Listener
    Listener

The Branch Committee letter alone proves that the Watchtower registered and therefore became associated with the United Nations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit