wt's idea of the ideal family headship

by waton 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• waton
    waton

for lurkers. This week's wt study. quick summary:

The ideal husband shows his headship by doing the dishes. bsw:

Jesus never said: "Martha, Martha, let me help you in the kitchen." but he washed the disciples feet,

I as a humble husband take that further, I slather my wife's back.

wt wants submissive husbands, they, the GB in shared monopoly with the elders, are the body that wants to govern all the bodies.

PS: following J's and j's husbandly example, I have the right to defend my family against the sons of Ely and deviants with deadly force.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

I mean... a guy should share the house work, it's not submissive, it's nice. That said, the usual approach to headship is female subservience. Let's be real, that's what wives are told to be: subservient. They are encouraged to be submissive and in subjection to men. That's from The Bible Teach book.

I don't want to get on a high horse about that but... The Governing Body does not want submissive men. They want men who will completely dominate their wives.

• waton
    waton
    I mean... a guy should share the house work, it's not submissive, it's nice

jp. of course. that is why hu-men invented dishwashers, vacuum cleaners.

Let real men do the outdoor chores, the car repairs, lawns, tree pruning, the firewood for the home fires. build the fences to keep intruders out. strong doors made by the doormen. bsw:

In my first pioneer assignment, in the pioneer home, after my first turn at cooking, none of us could keep the concoction down, literally, it was not fit to be digested! , so: I was on dishwashing permanently, I loved the warm water hand baths.

The Governing Body does not want submissive men. They want men who will completely dominate their wives.

I totally disagree, wt wants submissive men, submissive to the org. Having the wives dominate in the marriages emasculates the males, renders them spiritually impotent.

Look at the commenting at the meetings and all the silent males, listening to the teachings of the lady jezebels.

where is 1 Cor 14, "the lord's commandment" applied?, I Tim 2: 11,12?

Men's role in wt's view is to make sure the family is wt indoctrinated, and the "great army" marches forth amply supported.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

That was not my experience studying Jehovah's Witnesses, which is what I'm going off. At the congregations I studied, men spoke up about as much as women spoke up in Watchtower Studies. Yes, the Governing Body wants men who submit to them, to the elders, to the Circuit Overseer, but not to their wives.

They put out a brochure a couple years ago called Your Family Can Be Happy (2014?). The first principle of family happiness is a quote from Ephesians, The husband is the head of the wife, or something like that. That's their definition of family happiness. That doesn't leave much room for dominant women. That doesn't leave much room for women who command their husbands. That's not what the Governing Body wants, at all.

• waton
    waton
    The Governing Body does not want submissive men. They want men who will completely dominate their wives.

JP: the current wt article cites Jehovah as the perfect example of a family head. -- fine: a great provider our father is indeed. . but then

wt writers cite an obscure bible passage that shows that the main deity is a helper.

Wt cultivates the idea that the male's main function is to support his wife, ladies, the mainstay of the wt religion, service, willing their widow estates to the state, the org.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

New light has come in that says men should be equal to woman in the marriage arrangement, this includes house work.

bucketlist | French maids outfits, Maid outfit, French maid

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Thats one thing they said. A guy helping a woman doesn't negate the other things they published encouraging female submission.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Ozzie and Harriet approve. I see successful marriages despite all the help. did anyone else notice the box comment on one flesh mentioned elders are NOT part of the marriage, same as inlaws. Despite the theocracy being most important dealing with inlaws is part of the deal.

Now for reality: my wife keeps the checkbook, ( I know one man who says that's wrong, if I had his spendthrift wife it would , )chooses how the home is run, and I defer to her judgement most times. I also know her weaknesses and will defend her against anyone.

• waton
    waton
    Thats one thing they said. A guy helping a woman doesn't negate the other things they published encouraging female submission.

jp: I might see this from my old perspective, but in the present local, at least half the elders are in reality afraid of their wives' wrath. In a number of households, the majority of the men never comment, the ladies are very verbose, using the imperative a lot.

genuine male strength, kindness, married to humble personal interest lady, the exception. wt pretense notwithstanding.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

That may be the case at the congregation you know. I saw that in one elder at a congregation I studied.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit