Thoughts

by thinker11 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thinker11
    thinker11

As much as I want to believe in the bible and wish for a god that is watching over us and love us; I find it difficult to comprehend that a loving god will erase mankind with fireballs, earthquakes, and kill childrens, mothers, and fathers who refused to believe in the bible. And I can’t help but to take their side in all these. I mean: What has god really done to show that he is love and that he exists and is watching how we act. We really had no warning. We as Jehovah Witnesses can say we preach the end but why would another man listen to another man? What benefits is there? What are we really preaching? We have different articles that contain different issues that may affect individual humans but what proof or evidence do we have to show them that we are correct and that they should join us to avoid Armageddon. How can a god of love want to kill people with fireballs and earthquakes anyway? I can’t contemplate and accept this. Why so much pain? We tell others that the whole issue stems with god’s sovereignty when it was challenged by Satan through Adam and Eve. But what is the point of making humans go through all these? We are told God wants us to use our free will to choose him or we are going to die? That doesn’t leave us much choice regardless. It really is no different than letting humans continue to live in a paradise earth after Adam and Eve and killing humans off if they don’t obey. If anything, that would result in more survivors, less pain and headache. The amount of pain that human existence has experienced is unfathomable and to think that a god of love could watch all this and do nothing? What is this? I can only illustrate this as a child getting tortured and killed by a bad man while the parent of the child has all the power in the world to stop this but chooses to watch. Who would do this? Is that a loving parent? How is this any different than what humans are expereicning today? Honestly, when I think about this, I prefer and wish that there is no god and if there is, I really can’t say “god is love.” Or am I wrong? Is my human thinking not able to define love in a perfect sense? Where is the justice in all this? It’s not my fault I think this way. Do I deserve to die because I think like this?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Welcome to the forum thinker11.

The fundamentalist position in Christianity/Judaism/Islam basically says that God's full manifestation of love will occur in the afterlife and that the bliss of Paradise/Heaven will outweigh all the suffering we had in this life.

Wrong.

• prologos
    prologos
    Yeah, his sitting, laying by while all this torture goes on proves the contrary! it proves that the bible story god is not the abel universal souverain that the story tells him to be at all. hampered to help the suffering by a talking snake.
  • sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

exactly. I once told my mom, I must be better than God, because id never do the things he did.

one, i could not test my first born children with trees, for no real reason, then tell them they will die if they dont 'listen'.

two, let satan get away with all this.

three, let thier offspring suffer due to thier mistake.

four, sit by and watch evil people torture each other.

five, make imperfect people feel miserable for not being able to follow impossible requirements.

i for one would not want to worship a god like that.

If god is love, then he is quite pissed at man for misrepresenting him,lol

Im just glad i know that the whole story, the way most people interpret it, isnt true.

at least I know I was right all along about something.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai
    I feel exactly as you do Thinker11. The reality that we live in makes much more sense if there is no god in it.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

OH! OH! Me thinkest ye have chosen the Red Pill.

Image result for red pill blue pill

Like most of us here, for years you probably refused to let yourself think about those things. You dared not ask those questions. And now you understand why -- because there are no reasonable answers. Nothing adds up.

A God of Love that allows millenniums of suffering despite being all knowing and all powerful and having the ability to prevent or stop it all. That doesn't make sense.

A God that desires the Good News to be preached to all inhabitants of the earth so that no one should be destroyed, but then chooses a weird little group that fails to convince even 1/10th of 1% of mankind, leaving the vast majority to be destroyed. That doesn't make sense.

That weird little group claims to have a "special connection" with that infallible, perfect God of Love via the mystical Holy Spirit, but everything they have predicted in His Name has failed. Not once, but multiple times. Still we are to believe they are the one and only source of God's direction. That just doesn't make sense.

Be cautious of whom you ask these questions. For now they are questions that simply cannot be answered. But if you approach your Elders, you will find that they are questions that can never be asked (without facing serious life damaging consequences (ie disfellowshipping and the loss of family & friends).

Thinker...........me thinkest you think too much.

Welcome. You've only scratched the surface! Get prepared for a wild-ass ride!

Good luck,

Doc

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Do I deserve to die because I think like this?

No you deserve a pat on the back for being intellectually honest and making the realization that ancient mythology is fictional in nature .

Now you next step is to understand why the ancients did this in respect to their select gods.

• elbib
    elbib

When you take the details, it is digestible whereas the substratum of the Bible makes no sense. When Jerusalem was captured and its temple was burned by pagan king in 586 BCE (or 607?), it was a theological crisis for the Jews. Then a concept of Messiah (King-Priest) who will restore everything was evolved. When the messiah was murdered, it was further evolved into a teaching of ransom (as a sacrifice arranged by the “loving” Heavenly Father for the atonement of sins of mankind). Not a true picture of God Almighty

• Freeandclear
    Freeandclear

A God of Love that allows millenniums of suffering despite being all knowing and all powerful and having the ability to prevent or stop it all. That doesn't make sense.

A God that desires the Good News to be preached to all inhabitants of the earth so that no one should be destroyed, but then chooses a weird little group that fails to convince even 1/10th of 1% of mankind, leaving the vast majority to be destroyed. That doesn't make sense.

That weird little group claims to have a "special connection" with that infallible, perfect God of Love via the mystical Holy Spirit, but everything they have predicted in His Name has failed. Not once, but multiple times. Still we are to believe they are the one and only source of God's direction. That just doesn't make sense.

This quote above from DOC wins the internet. Perfectly summed up.

• WhatshallIcallmyself
    WhatshallIcallmyself

A lot of these questions become moot with the realisation that this just did not happen. We know Adam and Eve did not exist (at least as a beginning of humankind) because genetic evidence demonstrates that quite succinctly. We know the flood did not happen because there is no evidence of a world wide flood as described (yes it would leave some trace; consider the KT boundary in the geological record that exists because of one asteroid) and because contemporary civilisations at the suggested time of the flood seemed to have not noticed they were wiped out... We know the creation story does not tally with the evidence. We know that the bible is wrong about so much that we now take for grated as common sense (Earth hangs on nothing? No, the Earth is held in place by gravitational and centripetal forces; Pi is 3? No, Pi is 3.14 and so on..).

Long story short: If the Bible is wrong on those things we can test then it does not matter how you interpret the rest because it has demonstrated itself to be fiction...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit