Bank and ATM's..

by zeb 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I had no idea that ATMs did this but I can see why they would. They really should make that information more obvious to the average customer. I don't recall seeing any kind of warning on the hundreds of ATM's I've used.

As with anything in the modern world, for the most part the advances we enjoy are beneficial but there definetly are drawbacks. There is often no way to speak to a real person when something goes wrong. Even so, I'd still rather have the occasional glitch like this, than go back to having to wait for the bank to be open before I could get some needed cash.

I've always liked the following adage and try to apply it when these frustrating situations occur.

"It's easier to put on a pair of slippers than to try and carpet the whole world"

To me this means, that its easier for me to change (soften) my reaction and adjust my thinking when things go wrong, than to expect everything to go perfectly all the time. Problems are inevitable, having things go well for most people, most of the time us usually all we can expect.

• zeb
    zeb
    thanks all..
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder how much it would cost to use the money to buy silver, directly from your account, that the banks have been smashing the price down on so they could hope to buy it back cheaper. And, if you buy it, that is one less piece (or pieces, if there is more than one) they have to buy back. Then, once the dollar becomes toilet paper, you have their silver and the ability to spend it as you see fit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit