I bought these two books out garage saleing

by mickbobcat 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

The Truth that leads to Eternal life at a Church rummage sale. 1968 printing and a 74 printing of God's eternal purpose now triumphing for mens good. I know the Truth book has some things in it that are a bit damning. But is the other book anything of value? I paid a buck fifty each so no great loss.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

I always like the Truth book chapter "Why is it wise to examine your religion".

"Life Everlasting in the Freedom of the son's of God " has a lot of the 1975 predictions.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

It`s been said before that the WT`s own publications are it`s worst enemy. The gullible Jehovah`s Witnesses buy into the lie that the "truth" gets brighter and brighter

Statements are either True or false when they are made .There is no degree of "truth" it either is true or it is not.

And the statements / predictions / evidently`s / prophecy`s / and so on and so on ,made by the Governing Body of Jehovah`s Witnesses in there publications , in their 140 year or so history have always proved to be false.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

@mickbobcat

To my knowledge there were 17 versions of the "blue bomb" in English language. What does it say inside your book, how many pieces were printed?

The first editions had a circulation of 5,000,000 and 8,000,000 pieces.

In 1980/1981 there was a revised version, and the 1975 "prediction" was modified. This last version - besides your just bought version - shows very nicely the change of time at the JWs.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

Just a minor point Balaamsass, but the Truth book chapter you refer to is a statement not a question. It’s not, ‘Why is it?’, but rather, ‘Why it is”. Of course it is not wise for a JW to examine their own religion, just another example of JW double standards.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

If you are talking books - I have invested in a book called Agents of Discord Deprogramming, Pseudo-Science and the American Anticult Movement by Anson Shupe and Susan E. Darnell. It is a brilliant book and draws attention to the problem dealing with new religious movements/cults - its an American/European thing. In law the problem of coming down effectively against cults is that you are allowed freedom of religion but when people disagree with a new religious movement (and call it damaging), is it a secular issue or a theological one? If its secular why are you talking about religion?

If it's religious (and particularly if America) there's little the Government can do because of the First Amendment which protects freedom of religion.

Also do cults carry out mind control? If yes, why do people leave? Shows the issue isn't mind control. But it could be mind manipulation. Then you get back to the issue of is this a secular or a theological problem?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The "truth That Leads To Everlasting Life " along with a couple of other WT publications such as "From Paradise Lost To Paradise Regained " made it into The Guiness Book Of Records.Many years ago.

Because of suckers like me who went out and either sold them or gave them away to potential converts.

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

Those books are valuable to only those who like theological bullshit.

Its ironic that the truth now leads people away from the WTS and its adjoined JW religion.

The WTS/JWS always boast about the great circulation numbers but neglect the point that its teachings and bible interpretations are false and misleading and the doctrines created by the WTS were done so to enhance the circulation of the literature the WTS publishes.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

You paid too much. They were 50 cents or a dollar

I'm still looking for "what did the bible teach last year"

• JustMe2
    JustMe2

Weren't the Truth books originally $.25? I think the larger books were $.50.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit