Cue to leave

by Grey Goose 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Grey Goose
    Grey Goose

Just reading a thread about one circuit saying the pubs must donate $10.

It got me thinking, that if it ever became policy to donate a % of ones income, that would be my cue to leave. Or I would kick up such a stink about it I would be kicked out. Either would be good for me.

So, is there any public policy changes which would be your cue to leave?

It's very hard to leave over the child abuse issues at present as I would most defiantly be outed as an apostate, the information available isn't readily available to regular publishers. Unless there is massive exposure on the issue, that area is on hold.

In retrospect, the JW TV thing should have been my cue, but I was resting on my laurels a little. Sadly, that ship has now sailed. Need to wait for my next big opportunity.

Thoughts?

• talesin
    talesin

I know a lot of folks have cited depression, and confusion about the \truth', but it's not my forte. I would say, some really good advice will follow my comment. Read everything over the next couple of days, and ask questions of specific posters, if you want clarification or more advice.

You can 'fade', and how you do it, depends on many factors. I wish you luck! And it may be easy - everyone has their story, and many can fade without repercussions. All the best. xx

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

In retrospect, the JW TV thing should have been my cue, but I was resting on my laurels a little. Sadly, that ship has now sailed. Need to wait for my next big opportunity........Thoughts?.....Grey Goose

...........................................Image result for skeleton still waiting

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

There have been so many cues to leave over the years, so I left.

But if I were to feign ignorance to everything up 'till now and only be bothered by things in the absolute present, I would think building multimillion dollar new headquarters in Warwick and in England would be my cue to leave.

They have been saying the end of this world is imminent, yet evidently, they don't even believe their own hype.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

A cue to leave? The dozens of flip flops and outright lies are enough.

Or the ARC testimony on its own is a good reason. Simply say there is a big problem protecting children from pedophiles and you will wait on Jehovah to clean things up. Nothing wrong with waiting on Jehovah from the comfort of your own couch.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I had my fill about 40 years ago. Don't hesitate!

I like what Lost Generation said, "Nothing wrong with waiting on Jehovah from the comfort of your own couch."

A few years ago I said about the Memorial, "I can reject the emblems from the comfort of my living room; I don't need to "gather" with others for this."

• talesin
    talesin

Yes, as OUTLAW shows *grins* , you can wait forever for the 'right opportunity'. It will NEVER come. It's like having kids - are you ever ready? haha!

Get some tips on how to do it, and considering your 'mate' (hate that JW term and much prefer partner), and other factors. There is no 'better time' but there is a 'better way'.

All the best, and like I said, ,, let this thread grow ... ask questions. There are many who are, and have been, in your situation. xx

• talesin
    talesin
    Nathan Natasa minute agoI had my fill about 40 years ago. Don't hesitate!

Me, too. 1975. : ))

Keep on keepin' on, NN. Holder of the torch, you stand up for those who have no others. xx
  • Grey Goose
    Grey Goose

Thanks talesin.

suppose i'm just scared of the consequences, and as you said, are any of us really ever ready?

I do have a plan to fade, but it may take many years. I'm just exploring some other avenues today.

Thanks for your answers, keep them coming.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door
    Like an abused mate, you will find a plethora of excuses to make you stay. Doesn't mean it is in your best interests to do so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit