Books Worth Reading

by ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara 12 Replies latest jw friends

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Hi all

Can anyone recommend good books worth reading like Steven Hassans Combating the Cult MInd?

Just read it, it gripped me totally n could not put it down. A great read.

Anything is appreciated.

Zing

• compound complex
  • ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Thank you Compound Complex

Zing

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

This is one of the first books I read that opened my eyes to the fact that JWs are just another fundamentalist religion:

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

That book really opens ones eyes to different aspects of mind control.

There is a movie called rebirth which does kinda seem culty to me,similarities in the workings of cult recruitment.

Zing

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

The earlier editions were more concise than the later reprints. I'm not exaggerating if I say this book changed my life. I'd recommend it even over Crisis of Conscience.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I liked Twisted Scriptures . I used many parts of that book to help educate my preteen daughter about how easy it is to be drawn in to a high control organization/religion especially when it is so very easy to twist scriptures to make them say just about anything.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Well there’s a new book called “ Leaving the Witnesses” by Amber Scorah that’s been listed as one of the top 50 books to read this summer by Book Riot, which is the largest North American book editorial site. I haven’t read it as it’s new out, mind you.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Thank you Nicolaou, will surely buy it

Thank you Nonjwspouse,will surely buy this one too

Thank you Diogenesister, will surely check it out.

Zing

• punkofnice

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit