I Wonder if Tight Pants Tony Helped to Write this on Sobriety in between sips of malt

by Slidin Fast 10 Replies latest social humour

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

From the official AGM report: Are You Completely Sober?

Brother Geoffrey Jackson made practical application of texts in the Christian Greek Scriptures that use a term that literally means “sober.” He also stressed the importance of continuing to ‘keep our senses completely’ (literally “being sober perfectly”) during these last days.—1 Peter 1:13.

• Listener
    Listener

It wouldn't surprise me if someone was having a go at Tony, knowing that he would be attending. I would be surprised if Jackson thought up this himself.

They are always having little niggles at each other during the AGM. This one would have topped them all. I can't wait to see whether this unnerved him but you can never tell what state of mind he his in anyway.

• carla
    carla

Oh, please don't tell me they are on a anti drinking campaign again! Wine unites all of us! ha, just kidding.

Crap, that means my jw will take it seriously and be anti drinking for awhile. What's next on the agenda? How about the Daniel statue and toes thingy? that would be good, harmless, for every day life anyway.

• waton
    waton

in vino veritas, and by him having that theme, they want to tone down the disastrous disclosure of the clearly not always too sober Tony.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Golly !!!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Now that`s a pic to turn anyone off drinking ,or then again maybe start you to drinking.

Ps : I like that logo JV. Jehovah`s vindictiveness .

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Sober and Governing Body are not 2 terms I'd use together.

I've said for years that TOMO3 sounds drunk when he talks.

Typical GovBod double talk. Here's an example; They claim to abhor child abuse whilst at the same time protecting paedophiles. Then pretending that it's all lies...lies I tells ya!

The sooner they rot in prison (I'm not holding my breath), is the better a world we'll have.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

JW leadership have always liked drink and never come down hard against it. I’m sure that if they are preaching “sobriety” then it’s in a purely spiritual sense. Like every other metaphor they use, essentially it means: keep worrying about Armageddon, go to meetings, go on the ministry, do what we tell you. That’s what sobriety means, Watchtower style.

• tiki
    tiki

That guy looks so nuts.....just looking at him I can't imagine taking him seriously.

I came from a cong that had a lot of (recovered) alcoholics and they were ridiculous about those who drank....some including a particularly obnoxious elder would go around sniffing breath and accusing their targets with the I smell ALKahall... Some wouldn't accept an invitation into the home of those who were normal about booze because they might see a wine rack or something. It was beyond ridiculous. So...any talk with the word sober I am sure will kick off some fanatics in the group.....whatever...

• sir82
    sir82

Isn't the AGM one of the occasions where it's pretty much a nonstop booze-fest at all NY Bethel locations soon as the meetings are over?

I know that's the case with Gilead graduations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit