No other religion is as guilty as JW religion—you know why?

by venus 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• venus
    venus

All other religions have myths that show Satan as inferior to God Almighty. But only JW religion portrays Satan more powerful than God through their teaching of “Issue of Sovereignty” which implies God Almighty needs validation from Satan as though He waits till Satan is satisfied which has not happened even after killing of Jesus 2000 years ago and things like ethnic cleansing, spilling of oceans of blood …. etc.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

*yawn* then why, pray tell, in the mythos of other religions, hasnt god acted ?

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

You've done nothing to demonstrate your thesis. This one doctrinal issue seems, to me, to be a non sequitur until you're able to draw a line from your premise to your conclusion.

Furthermore, your argument proves too much. What about hinduism? They'd be far more "guilty" (I'm not sure even how you're using that word) by your argument since they present a myriad of gods to be more powerful than the, in their view, fictional yahweh.

• venus
    venus
    Morpheus

Other religions are less culpable because they were only personify the evil through Satan and good as God--hence question of God ever acting never rises.

• venus
    venus
    OneEyedJoe

To JW religion, issue of Universal Sovereignty is the primary teaching in importance. And that's where they made such a fatal error. In Hinduism, there is no personal God. They are simply symbolizing the war that is going on within each individual through their myths. Very naming of the mythical characters proves this--symbol of quality.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

But indeed it does arise. If, as other religions teach, god is good and all poweful, why hasnt he acted? Is not good? Is he not all poweful? It besmirches god to teach he COULD act but dosent.

• Cimarrona
    Cimarrona

I didn't know culpability existed along a spectrum. Either one is or ain't. Or perhaps we should move away from the punitive frameworks of guilt and shame altogether and deal solely with solutions to what is.

Example: Borg doctrine lacks logic (what is). We left it, and some of us have conversations with those who are still in about why we chose to do so (solution).

I mean, unless one still believes in some somehow-male-identified spirit in the sky to whom we all must answer, the Borg's supposed guilt is a non-issue.

• cofty
    cofty

Venus are you connected to the Brahma Kumaris?

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    All other religions have myths that show Satan as inferior to God Almighty. But only JW religion portrays Satan more powerful than God through their teaching of “Issue of Sovereignty” which implies God Almighty needs validation from Satan as though He waits till Satan is satisfied which has not happened even after killing of Jesus 2000 years ago and things like ethnic cleansing, spilling of oceans of blood …. etc.

And that's supposed to be worse than the Heaven's Gate group that castrated and poisoned their members? Or the Jim Jones religious groups that poisoned hundreds of people? How about all those other religions that cover sexual abuse of children? Are they all better than the JWs because they portray Satan properly according to you? I'm certainly not defending the JWs, my point is why is that supposed to matter?

• venus
    venus

cofty,

Don't link me with any religion just because I wrote under another OP that I believe in God. I am against all religions that exists for money that come from the believers, and I have no religion. As for my profession, I work for Forbes magazine; also practice Past Regression therapy as hobby (not charging any fee) which I learned under my guru Brian L Weiss. My knowledge about JW is from my twin sister who is a zealous Witness who is working as air hostess with BA.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit