Who is the better example in the congregation?

by BourneIdentity 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

A married brother with multiple children turns in 10 hours of time per month. A group of single brothers ranging in age from 13-16 turn in 10 hours per month.

The married brother works full-time. The single brothers have no job. Safe to say the married brother is working easily 160 hours per month, while the single brothers 0. Dozens of hours per month caring for his home, cars, and children, single brother 0. I could safely assume the brothers are logging 80 hours per month playing video games. So you tell me, what brother do you think will be used as an example and get to pass the mics and do the sound box? You guessed it, the single brothers. The married brothers are told they need to be getting in at least 14 hours. It’s assumed 4 are being used for family worship, so the assumption is they are doing that, but only getting in 6 hours in the field ministry. Who is more whole souled as to Jehovah? It’s absolutely laughable how brain dead these men are running the Organization.

• sir82
    sir82

Oh, and you forgot to mention:

The single brothers in your example spend most of their time riding around in the "car group" accompanying others on their return visits. If asked "do you have any RVs to do?" the answer will surely be "No, I did all of mine recently" or "no, they all told me not to come back".

It is of course mind-bogglingly stupid - but that's what happens when you emphasize "quantity of hours" over "effective ministry" or even "Christian qualities".

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Btw, i can't believe that passing the microphones is called a privilege. Running up and down the isle holding a big stick with a microphone. I'd rather be sitting down and daydream.

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

I’ve saw some of the “friends” show up for field service and say they had their own plans, whether it be a bible study or return visits. An hour later drove past their house and they were in their normal clothes doing yard work. I know others that meet and then go out for breakfast without doing anything. It’s all about appearances, nothing about results or quality. It’s not about what Jehovah thinks, it’s about what their fellow man thinks.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

@ BourneIdentity:

"It’s all about appearances, nothing about results or quality. It’s not about what Jehovah thinks, it’s about what their fellow man thinks."

Now you're getting it.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Yup, dare I say that out of those 10 hours, there is probably 10 whole minutes of actual preaching, and the rest is pretty much driving, talking, coffee, walking slow between houses, and other endless distractions that JWs use to count time.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

It’s assumed 4 are being used for family worship, so the assumption is they are doing that, but only getting in 6 hours in the field ministry.

Many years ago my dad was booted off the body for getting "only" 5 hours per month in the "ministry". They deducted the 4 hours for family study, plus the 16 hours per month in weekly bible studies with persons in the "field". I only wish I could have completed helping him write the Borg out of his will before he suddenly died.

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

The elders are in the wives ears, hey, motivate your husband to reach out, you and your family will be blessed for it.

Let’s see here, if he gets 4 more hours of service in, he gets to be up and away from his family while he does mics and sound. If he keeps that routine for awhile, then he gets to be a MS, which means more time away from his family to prepare parts. If he does that for awhile, he gets to be an elder and spend massive amounts of time away from his family to shepherd the flock, prepare talks, travelling to give talks and judging others in judicial committees. I think this would only be a blessing if the wife and children hate their husband and father and want him away as much as possible. Talk about distancing a family and ruining it.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

I consider it a privilege NOT to pass mics or do sound.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

"Single brothers" lmao can only be considered single if being "not single" is a possibility! Who writes this shady Watchtower stuff, a paedophile?!

I think married brother should count himself lucky and needs to kick back snd take a load off. Let the kids run around with the mic stick. Its a kids job anyway.

If they were smart they'd let all the kids take it in turns on a schedule - girls and boys, whatever their hours - in order to keep the kids interested in the meetings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit