Shunning: Extreme apathy!

by StephaneLaliberte 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I thought I'd share this one with the group. Many years ago, my mom was disfellowshipped. Then, my sister passed away in a car accident, she was fairly young, as she was in her early 20s. Well, two days later, two elders came to my house and told me not to use this event as an excuse to talk with my disfellowshipped mother and proceeded to go over a Kingdom Ministry article and some scriptures to drive their point.

In all honesty, this has been one of the most excruciating experiences of my life.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Outrageous. How long ago was this?

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    Horrific, really! Hearts of ice. By this, you will know.... Yes, we know.
  • StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

a little more than 10 years.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I can tell you from experience, this is not an isolated incident . It happens often and no one speaks about it. DF'd people are invisible and until the internet came along, they had no voice.

Those days are gone.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I am so sorry that they did that to you in your time of grief. I am sorry you lost your sister. Stories like these really show the cold hearted nature of Watchtower. They really are a cruel bunch.

I would have thrown them out on their asses.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

In addition to the above, there were dozens of JWs who didn't know what to say since my sister was disfellowshipped when she died. The standard answer is: "Find comfort in the fact that your sister will be resurrected". However, they didn't know what to say since most felt that she would not be resurrected. Instead, some told me that Jehovah would help me completely forget about her. And one idiot told me that being far from Jehovah lead to her death. That one actually had to apologize for that remark, still, I know that meany felt that way.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Self-righteous a$$holes.

They never cease to amaze me!

Let's review: "It's a Cult!"

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

I cannot even fathom such ignorance and cruelty. I am so sorry StephaneLaliberte

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    In all honesty, this has been one of the most excruciating experiences of my life.

No kidding. I'm so sorry to hear that. How is it now?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit