Jehovah’s witnesses and having kids

by Addison0998 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Addison0998
    Addison0998

@i believe in overlapping , i completely understand and respect your viewpoint. I don’t think all families end up that way though, many families stay close for the rest of their life. If my family weren’t all witnesses, I would feel like the luckiest person alive. We take road trips all together, have family dinners and bonfires, and have a great time together. And I think I would be very happy and proud of my child for getting a successful life of their own someday, I wouldn’t be bitter about it and view them as selfish. They’re are a lot of joys to parenthood, and it can be very satisfying and fullfilling, but’s its not for everybody. This post is about people who don’t want to have kids because of their fanatical paranoid religious reasons.

• WillYouDFme
    WillYouDFme

We waited until our late 30's when my wife's bio clock was really ticking, and we wanted to experience the love of kids and family.

I am glad we did before it was to late.

I regret 2 things on that topic.

1. That I did not have more than 2 kids. I always thought a big family was so wonderful.

2. Since we waited very long for kids, we will not get to spend the normal amount of time enjoying their lives. We will not get a normal amount of time with grandkids (if they have them).

Just another part of our lives stolen forever by the Borg I now hate so much.

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping
    Addison0998

If my family weren’t all witnesses, I would feel like the luckiest person alive. We take road trips all together, have family dinners and bonfires, and have a great time together

I hear you, my girlfriend's family is like that. They were never JWs, so basically normal people. They do all kinds of things together and the good thing about it - is that they've made me part of the family.

Everyone should pursue what makes them happy, that's what life is all about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit