Do you consider fellow posters as strangers?

by JH 22 Replies latest jw friends

• outnfree
    outnfree

No.

For the most part, those posters I've met are pretty much like their online persona. A very few were not, which surprised me and even hurt my feelings. And a very few have become very dear friends -- some of whom I have NOT met ... yet. :-D

out

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Befire I came to JWD I had met about 20 posters from another board all non-JWs. Everyone of them was great and was exactly how I thought they would be and I even married one of them

A couple of weeks ago I met a few of the posters here, JH included, all great people that I would love to meet again.

I have never been disappointed. People are pretty much what they seem to be in a long term situation like this. Talking to someone once and then meeting them would not give you a very good idea of who a person is. But coming on-line and reading their thoughts and ideas and experiences gives you a pretty good idea of the type of person they are.

Now mind you on other boards I have had serious run-ins with people who like to cause trouble for others. Or they are just nasty people on-line. I have chosen not to meet them. If I don't like them on-line it would take a lot I think to meet them and overcome the inital feelings about them.

But so far so good

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

No, I now look at them as potential friends.

Every time I've had contact with someone outside of this board it has been rewarding and I've made some very good friends.

Mike.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit