Cambridge professor just went full retard ...

by LoveUniHateExams 41 Replies latest social current

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

And why name calling? - this guy is a professor at Cambridge.

He's seriously proposing that six year olds be allowed to vote.

He should know better.

He's a f**king idiot ...

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Prof. Runciman doubles down crazy.

How the hell this wack job continues to lecture up at Cambridge and receive a generous annual salary is beyond me.

#TotalRetard

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/dec/13/cambridge-academic-defends-idea-of-giving-children-the-vote?fbclid=IwAR1Qm3x6KzyMWkc35CDp2R0jsfuayxK1fa0fw2NZa4NcK2XaJY-inQxbtDo

• blondie
    blondie

Why not, the WTS lets children as young as 6 years old get baptized as a jw? Stupidity is found in many places (but not "retards" which are born that way compared to people who make themselves examples of wasting a brain). Stupid seems to be a better term.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Personally, I prefer the term "fucktard". :smirk:

• kh_pri
    kh_pri

But as Runciman said in that article: “You don’t lose the vote when you get to be 75. You can carry on voting until the day you die and there is no test. You could be frankly demented and still get to vote, which is as it should be. So young people are the losers here.”

Must admit I think he has a point here, and that the “6 year olds should be able to vote” argument is taken with insufficient context. That said, Nassim Taleb (one of the smartest guys on the planet) said Runciman was the “second most stupid reviewer” of his book, so maybe I’m missing something 😜

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

You can carry on voting until the day you die and there is no test. You could be frankly demented and still get to vote - that's a good point but that doesn't mean it's ok to give six year olds the vote. There are other more sensible ways to address this point.

the “6 year olds should be able to vote” argument is taken with insufficient context - er, no, I don't think so.

Do I really need to explain why giving six year olds the vote is an extremely dumb idea?

Supposing the UK had a referendum on something to do with smoking or sex. How on earth could six year olds vote in such a referendum? They're not allowed to smoke and they're obviously way too young to have sex.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

And yet as "retarded" as YOU think he is, he teaches at a university and writes scholarly papers and he is quoted in newspapers.. and you with your intelligence, write .... here.

I think the board in Cambridge who hired him should be asked you before doing that. How they could have miss that? Oh they appointed him head of the politics department

• cofty
    cofty

He is actually serious about this.

It just goes to show how detached the academic bubble has become from reality. Dawkins is another tragic example.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

And yet as "retarded" as YOU think he is, he teaches at a university and writes scholarly papers - that's the tragedy of it.

A guy who in all likelihood is my intellectual superior, who, after completing a PhD, lectures at Cambridge (one of the best universities in the world), comes out with a load of nonsense (6 year olds voting WTF?!) ... has that nonsense published in a MS newspaper ... and is allowed to carry on up at Cambridge.

The state of Western academia is rather poor, no?

BTW: and you with your intelligence, write .... here - nothing wrong with my intelligence, nothing wrong with this forum.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The Guardian is so far gone it's a lost cause.

Instead of having an article that challenges or objectively analyses Prof. Runciman's ridiculous views, it has an article featuring the opinions of 6 - 12 year old children on certain policies.

Yes, really XD

And, surprise surprise, they all espouse left wing views like open borders, more immigration and brexit is a bad idea.

Why do I get the feeling this selection of children is the children of Guardian staff?

Enjoy the nuttery and ridiculousness ...

https://www.theguardian.com/global/2018/dec/23/should-we-give-children-the-vote-voting-at-age-6-politics-interviews

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit